Arnav & Khushi had almost lost track of time, when suddenly Khushi's phone rang. As Khushi realized the caller was Payal, she thought it would be best if they went downstairs.
"Come on, lets go. Payal is waiting for us", Khushi said to Arnav.
"Can't we stay like this for a little more?", Arnav asked, as he didn't like much to engage in functions.
"No Mr.Raizada. They are waiting for us downstairs. Lets go", Khushi said firmly, pulling from his hand.
"You really know how to ruin a romantic moment", Arnav said with a smirk.
"Then it's good right? When I ruin the moment, you will be there to make it right", Khushi said smiling.
"Okay, Okay. Lets go, before I change my mind", Arnav said with a smile.
Once Arnav & Khushi reached downstairs, they saw Aman and Payal enjoying the first dance of the night. When Khushi was about to go and talk to Payal, Arnav slowly held Khushi's hand and pulled her towards him.
"What are you doing Arnav?", Khushi asked a little nervously.
"What? I don't want you to leave. Once you get together with your best buddy, you will forget about me. Then what will happen to me? I don't know anyone here. The only person I know other than you and Payal, is Aman. Frankly, he is not the kind of guy I want to hang around with. He barely speaks with me, unless it is something professional", Arnav said, as he didn't want to let Khushi go.
"Look who is talking? You are telling all this? You do realize that people are scared of you and that's why they don't want to talk with you? And here you are, pointing your finger at Aman, when it's clearly your fault", Khushi said in her teasing tone.
"Fine, go to your best friend. I'm going home. Call me after reaching home", Arnav said in an upset mood.
"Uffo Arnav, just wait for few more minutes. I'll be back", Khushi said, as she didn't want to make Arnav upset.
"But why are you in a hurry to meet Payal. She is already enjoying the performances. You will be only disturbing her", Arnav said.
"Just wait and watch", Khushi said with a wink.
Khushi left Arnav and went near Payal. By now two performances were over. The whole place was dark and suddenly two spot lights fell on the stage. And there they were, the two best friends on stage. That's when Arnav realized what Khushi was up to. She had planned to perform with Payal tonight. The audience were now clapping and whistling. The song started to play from the background and both Khushi and Payal started to do their steps according to the tune. Arnav was lost in Khushi's moves by now. In these few day he had seen many sides of Khushi, but he didn't know that she could dance this well. She was truly talented, and he felt proud to say that she was his girl. Khushi was the center of attention as usual, because she was truly amazing. As the song came to an end, both the girls came down from the stage. It took ten minutes for Khushi to reach to Arnav, because every person present wanted to praise her for her wonderful performance. Although he wanted her to come to him soon, he controlled his patience. Finally Khushi came to him while smiling.
"How was my dance?", Khushi asked, staring at him with her doe like eyes. She looked like a child who was waiting to be given a star for her excellent work. Arnav smiled at this thought and sent his arm around her shoulders and made her lean on him.
"You were amazing. Seems like you are perfectly fit for the status of Mrs.Raizada. An all-rounder just like me", Arnav said in his teasing tone.
Later Khushi was telling Arnav about the guests that had arrived for the function. She even introduced some of them to him.
"You are a real gossip girl, aren't you?", Arnav asked with his unique smirk on his face.
"This is not gossiping, this is called interacting with others. Unlike you, I like to get to know other people. You know, some other time you should do it as well", Khushi said smiling at him.
"Well, why should I? Now that you are mine, I'm sure you will be there with me always to give all the gossip about the people around us", Arnav said teasingly.
"You really know how to make someone stop talking, don't you?", Khushi said.
"Of course. I'm...", Arnav was stopped in the middle, as Khushi completed his sentence. "Arnav Singh Raizada",
"See, I was right. You will be there to complete me", Arnav said smiling while looking at her eyes.
Khushi felt a sudden thrill within her, as he said that she completes him. Their eye lock was suddenly broken by Payal's voice.
"Excuse me to both of you", Payal said, in a teasing tone.
"Hey Payal, what's up girl?", Khushi asked.
"Actually I wanted to talk to both of you. It's that Aman's parents don't want me to work after marriage. So I will have to quit from work, just before marriage. I'm sorry I had to wait this long let you know ASR, but even I got to know only yesterday. Aman tried to explain to his parents, but they denied. I'm really sorry", Payal said, in a depressed tone.
"What the... But why do you want to quit? Why don't you say that you don't want to quit?", Arnav said in an angry tone.
Khushi didn't want to make the matter worse, so she squeezed Arnav's hand to make him calm down. Khushi knew Payal was already upset, and she didn't want Arnav to make her stressed out as well.
"Did you at least talk to his parents Payal? I know you from a long time and I know how much this job meant for you. Is this what you want?", Khushi asked in a sad tone, as she was worried for Payal.
"It's not a question about what I want or not? I'm getting married Khushi. When you get married, not only you become bound to your husband, you have to form a special bond with his family as well. So in this process, we have to make sacrifices. I love Aman a lot. And I don't want to become a burden for him, in this matter. So I have clearly decided in quitting. I'm sorry", Payal tried to explain her situation.
Both Arnav and Khushi were feeling sorry for Payal right now. But they didn't know what to do. At the end of the Sangeet ceremony, both Arnav & Khushi wished the couple good luck and bid them good bye.
Once at the parking lot, Arnav felt that his cheerful Khushi was now feeling down and he knew what the reason was.
"Khushi do you want me to talk to Aman about this matter?", Arnav asked Khushi, while turning her around to face him.
"No Arnav, it's a family problem. We can't get involved in it. But I still can't understand why Aman's parents are thinking in the old fashioned way. What's wrong if their daughter-in-law is doing a job?", Khushi asked a little angrily.
"We can't change the way people think Khushi. Anyway, now I have to find a new designer. Which is like finding a needle in a hay stack", Arnav said in a worried tone.
"I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to work in your company", Khushi said chuckling.
"I don't want just people Khushi. I want people with a unique, fresh talent. Which nowadays is really hard to find. Let it be. You should get going, it's getting late", Arnav said in a concerned manner.
"Okay then. Bye", Khushi said. Before Arnav could reply, his phone rang.
"Hello Di", Arnav said while answering the phone.
"Chottey, where the hell are you?", Anjali answered in her angry tone.
"Di, hold on", Arnav said, as he wanted Khushi to leave quickly because it was late.
He placed a kiss on her forehead and said, "Go now, and text me as soon as you reach home", Arnav said while caressing her cheek.
"I will. Say hello to Di. Good night. Take care", Khushi said while smiling at him. She got in the car and drove away. As soon as Khushi left, Arnav too got in to his car and left in the hope of pacifying his sister.
Arnav had refreshed himself after returning home. He was feeling dead tired as it was a long day. But his heart was filled with happiness. He was really glad today, as he had finally confessed his love to Khushi. He thanked god for making him realize his love for this wonderful girl, before it was too late. A sudden knock on his door, broke his trance. It was his Di.
"Chottey, where were you all this time? I was so worried for you. Rahul said you suddenly took today's flight to India, saying that you had some important work. I called your phone but you didn't answer. I called your office too. But they said you didn't come there as well. Where were you?", Anjali asked worriedly.
"Di, I am here now. You don't have to worry anymore. Anyway, I'm sure your anger will fade away when you get to know where I was", Arnav said with a sly smile.
"So where were you?", Anjali asked, with questioning eyes.
"I went to meet Khushi, I'm in love with her Di", Arnav said cheerfully.
Anjali felt as she was over the moon. Her eyes suddenly filled with tears of joy. She didn't have words to express how happy she was feeling right now.
"Oh my god. You are in love. Didn't I tell you Chottey, you will fall in love once again. I'm so glad for you. And I'm thankful for god for sending a girl like Khushi in your life. Promise me Chottey that you will never hurt her, and no matter what happens you will be with her", Anjali said, while caressing Arnav's face.
"I promise Di. I'm sure now your anger's washed away, right?", Arnav said chuckling.
"Of course. Okay, you should go to sleep now. You must be tired after such a long journey. Good night", Anjali said, while leaving Arnav to rest.
"Good night Di", Arnav said, while resting his head on the pillow.
As soon as Khushi reached home, she had texted Arnav. She was now lying on the bed and was admiring the pendant Arnav had gifted her. She was feeling so happy, as she had found the perfect life partner in Arnav. Khushi was reliving the moments she spent on the terrace with Arnav during Payal's Sangeet ceremony, when suddenly she was brought back to real world by the ringing tone of her phone.
"Hello", Khushi answered the phone with a slight smile on her face. It was nearly 1.00am.
"Hey, were you sleeping?", the caller asked.
"I was about to. But seems like now I won't be able to", Khushi said teasingly.
"So you want me to hang up and let you sleep? Fine. Good night", the caller said in an angry tone, and suddenly ended the call.
Khushi was surprised when Arnav suddenly ended the call because he was angry. And she knew something was bothering him. So she thought of calling him. After few rings, Arnav answered the phone.
"Hey Arnav, what's up?", Khushi asked.
"I thought you were sleepy, that you didn't want to talk with me at this hour of the day?", Arnav said sarcastically.
"I was kidding. You can call me whenever you want. So now tell me what is bothering you?", Khushi said calmly.
"How do you know that I'm worried about something", Arnav asked.
"From your tone and from the way you jumped at me", Khushi said.
"Sorry. What will I do now Khushi? There are some clients coming at the end of this month and I have to show them new designs. How am I supposed to find a perfect designer by next week? You know that it's not an easy task, right?", Arnav said in one breath.
"Look Arnav, don't worry. You will find a new designer by next week. After-all, your Arnav SIngh Raizada, remember? But if your still worried, I can make you feel a little better by saying this. If you don't find anyone by next week, I will help you with the designs. Remember, we make a pretty good team", Khushi said, hoping that she could ease away Arnav's worries.
Arnav was surprised at the way Khushi was always able to give the best solutions for all his problems.
"Oh, so you will work under me?", Arnav asked, with a grin on his face.
"Are you deaf Arnav? I said I'll help you. Not work under you", Khushi said firmly, a little irritated.
"Okay, okay. I was just kidding. Thanks a lot for making me feel a little bit better", Arnav said, feeling relaxed.
"No problem. That's what friends are for, right?", Khushi said laughing.
"Really, now you are my friend? I thought you are my fiancee?", Arnav said, hoping to tease Khushi.
"I am ready to be your friend, employee, fiancee, teammate, wife, anything you want me to be in our journey together. Because that's what life partners do. They will always be with you in any role, whenever you need them", Khushi said thoughtfully.
"I love you Khushi", Arnav said those three magical words, because he didn't know how else he could express the feelings he was feeling for her right now. Because words were not enough to say how much he loved her.
Arnav and Khushi went on talking and laughing to each other, as nobody was ready to end their conversation. It was nearly 2am, when both of them went to sleep with a smile of satisfaction on both their faces.
Will Arnav find a new designer? If yes, who would it be? Will Lavanya realize that Arnav and Khushi's bond was getting stronger?
"Can't we stay like this for a little more?", Arnav asked, as he didn't like much to engage in functions.
"No Mr.Raizada. They are waiting for us downstairs. Lets go", Khushi said firmly, pulling from his hand.
"You really know how to ruin a romantic moment", Arnav said with a smirk.
"Then it's good right? When I ruin the moment, you will be there to make it right", Khushi said smiling.
"Okay, Okay. Lets go, before I change my mind", Arnav said with a smile.
Once Arnav & Khushi reached downstairs, they saw Aman and Payal enjoying the first dance of the night. When Khushi was about to go and talk to Payal, Arnav slowly held Khushi's hand and pulled her towards him.
"What are you doing Arnav?", Khushi asked a little nervously.
"What? I don't want you to leave. Once you get together with your best buddy, you will forget about me. Then what will happen to me? I don't know anyone here. The only person I know other than you and Payal, is Aman. Frankly, he is not the kind of guy I want to hang around with. He barely speaks with me, unless it is something professional", Arnav said, as he didn't want to let Khushi go.
"Look who is talking? You are telling all this? You do realize that people are scared of you and that's why they don't want to talk with you? And here you are, pointing your finger at Aman, when it's clearly your fault", Khushi said in her teasing tone.
"Fine, go to your best friend. I'm going home. Call me after reaching home", Arnav said in an upset mood.
"Uffo Arnav, just wait for few more minutes. I'll be back", Khushi said, as she didn't want to make Arnav upset.
"But why are you in a hurry to meet Payal. She is already enjoying the performances. You will be only disturbing her", Arnav said.
"Just wait and watch", Khushi said with a wink.
Khushi left Arnav and went near Payal. By now two performances were over. The whole place was dark and suddenly two spot lights fell on the stage. And there they were, the two best friends on stage. That's when Arnav realized what Khushi was up to. She had planned to perform with Payal tonight. The audience were now clapping and whistling. The song started to play from the background and both Khushi and Payal started to do their steps according to the tune. Arnav was lost in Khushi's moves by now. In these few day he had seen many sides of Khushi, but he didn't know that she could dance this well. She was truly talented, and he felt proud to say that she was his girl. Khushi was the center of attention as usual, because she was truly amazing. As the song came to an end, both the girls came down from the stage. It took ten minutes for Khushi to reach to Arnav, because every person present wanted to praise her for her wonderful performance. Although he wanted her to come to him soon, he controlled his patience. Finally Khushi came to him while smiling.
"How was my dance?", Khushi asked, staring at him with her doe like eyes. She looked like a child who was waiting to be given a star for her excellent work. Arnav smiled at this thought and sent his arm around her shoulders and made her lean on him.
"You were amazing. Seems like you are perfectly fit for the status of Mrs.Raizada. An all-rounder just like me", Arnav said in his teasing tone.
Later Khushi was telling Arnav about the guests that had arrived for the function. She even introduced some of them to him.
"You are a real gossip girl, aren't you?", Arnav asked with his unique smirk on his face.
"This is not gossiping, this is called interacting with others. Unlike you, I like to get to know other people. You know, some other time you should do it as well", Khushi said smiling at him.
"Well, why should I? Now that you are mine, I'm sure you will be there with me always to give all the gossip about the people around us", Arnav said teasingly.
"You really know how to make someone stop talking, don't you?", Khushi said.
"Of course. I'm...", Arnav was stopped in the middle, as Khushi completed his sentence. "Arnav Singh Raizada",
"See, I was right. You will be there to complete me", Arnav said smiling while looking at her eyes.
Khushi felt a sudden thrill within her, as he said that she completes him. Their eye lock was suddenly broken by Payal's voice.
"Excuse me to both of you", Payal said, in a teasing tone.
"Hey Payal, what's up girl?", Khushi asked.
"Actually I wanted to talk to both of you. It's that Aman's parents don't want me to work after marriage. So I will have to quit from work, just before marriage. I'm sorry I had to wait this long let you know ASR, but even I got to know only yesterday. Aman tried to explain to his parents, but they denied. I'm really sorry", Payal said, in a depressed tone.
"What the... But why do you want to quit? Why don't you say that you don't want to quit?", Arnav said in an angry tone.
Khushi didn't want to make the matter worse, so she squeezed Arnav's hand to make him calm down. Khushi knew Payal was already upset, and she didn't want Arnav to make her stressed out as well.
"Did you at least talk to his parents Payal? I know you from a long time and I know how much this job meant for you. Is this what you want?", Khushi asked in a sad tone, as she was worried for Payal.
"It's not a question about what I want or not? I'm getting married Khushi. When you get married, not only you become bound to your husband, you have to form a special bond with his family as well. So in this process, we have to make sacrifices. I love Aman a lot. And I don't want to become a burden for him, in this matter. So I have clearly decided in quitting. I'm sorry", Payal tried to explain her situation.
Both Arnav and Khushi were feeling sorry for Payal right now. But they didn't know what to do. At the end of the Sangeet ceremony, both Arnav & Khushi wished the couple good luck and bid them good bye.
Once at the parking lot, Arnav felt that his cheerful Khushi was now feeling down and he knew what the reason was.
"Khushi do you want me to talk to Aman about this matter?", Arnav asked Khushi, while turning her around to face him.
"No Arnav, it's a family problem. We can't get involved in it. But I still can't understand why Aman's parents are thinking in the old fashioned way. What's wrong if their daughter-in-law is doing a job?", Khushi asked a little angrily.
"We can't change the way people think Khushi. Anyway, now I have to find a new designer. Which is like finding a needle in a hay stack", Arnav said in a worried tone.
"I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to work in your company", Khushi said chuckling.
"I don't want just people Khushi. I want people with a unique, fresh talent. Which nowadays is really hard to find. Let it be. You should get going, it's getting late", Arnav said in a concerned manner.
"Okay then. Bye", Khushi said. Before Arnav could reply, his phone rang.
"Hello Di", Arnav said while answering the phone.
"Chottey, where the hell are you?", Anjali answered in her angry tone.
"Di, hold on", Arnav said, as he wanted Khushi to leave quickly because it was late.
He placed a kiss on her forehead and said, "Go now, and text me as soon as you reach home", Arnav said while caressing her cheek.
"I will. Say hello to Di. Good night. Take care", Khushi said while smiling at him. She got in the car and drove away. As soon as Khushi left, Arnav too got in to his car and left in the hope of pacifying his sister.
Arnav had refreshed himself after returning home. He was feeling dead tired as it was a long day. But his heart was filled with happiness. He was really glad today, as he had finally confessed his love to Khushi. He thanked god for making him realize his love for this wonderful girl, before it was too late. A sudden knock on his door, broke his trance. It was his Di.
"Chottey, where were you all this time? I was so worried for you. Rahul said you suddenly took today's flight to India, saying that you had some important work. I called your phone but you didn't answer. I called your office too. But they said you didn't come there as well. Where were you?", Anjali asked worriedly.
"Di, I am here now. You don't have to worry anymore. Anyway, I'm sure your anger will fade away when you get to know where I was", Arnav said with a sly smile.
"So where were you?", Anjali asked, with questioning eyes.
"I went to meet Khushi, I'm in love with her Di", Arnav said cheerfully.
Anjali felt as she was over the moon. Her eyes suddenly filled with tears of joy. She didn't have words to express how happy she was feeling right now.
"Oh my god. You are in love. Didn't I tell you Chottey, you will fall in love once again. I'm so glad for you. And I'm thankful for god for sending a girl like Khushi in your life. Promise me Chottey that you will never hurt her, and no matter what happens you will be with her", Anjali said, while caressing Arnav's face.
"I promise Di. I'm sure now your anger's washed away, right?", Arnav said chuckling.
"Of course. Okay, you should go to sleep now. You must be tired after such a long journey. Good night", Anjali said, while leaving Arnav to rest.
"Good night Di", Arnav said, while resting his head on the pillow.
As soon as Khushi reached home, she had texted Arnav. She was now lying on the bed and was admiring the pendant Arnav had gifted her. She was feeling so happy, as she had found the perfect life partner in Arnav. Khushi was reliving the moments she spent on the terrace with Arnav during Payal's Sangeet ceremony, when suddenly she was brought back to real world by the ringing tone of her phone.
"Hello", Khushi answered the phone with a slight smile on her face. It was nearly 1.00am.
"Hey, were you sleeping?", the caller asked.
"I was about to. But seems like now I won't be able to", Khushi said teasingly.
"So you want me to hang up and let you sleep? Fine. Good night", the caller said in an angry tone, and suddenly ended the call.
Khushi was surprised when Arnav suddenly ended the call because he was angry. And she knew something was bothering him. So she thought of calling him. After few rings, Arnav answered the phone.
"Hey Arnav, what's up?", Khushi asked.
"I thought you were sleepy, that you didn't want to talk with me at this hour of the day?", Arnav said sarcastically.
"I was kidding. You can call me whenever you want. So now tell me what is bothering you?", Khushi said calmly.
"How do you know that I'm worried about something", Arnav asked.
"From your tone and from the way you jumped at me", Khushi said.
"Sorry. What will I do now Khushi? There are some clients coming at the end of this month and I have to show them new designs. How am I supposed to find a perfect designer by next week? You know that it's not an easy task, right?", Arnav said in one breath.
"Look Arnav, don't worry. You will find a new designer by next week. After-all, your Arnav SIngh Raizada, remember? But if your still worried, I can make you feel a little better by saying this. If you don't find anyone by next week, I will help you with the designs. Remember, we make a pretty good team", Khushi said, hoping that she could ease away Arnav's worries.
Arnav was surprised at the way Khushi was always able to give the best solutions for all his problems.
"Oh, so you will work under me?", Arnav asked, with a grin on his face.
"Are you deaf Arnav? I said I'll help you. Not work under you", Khushi said firmly, a little irritated.
"Okay, okay. I was just kidding. Thanks a lot for making me feel a little bit better", Arnav said, feeling relaxed.
"No problem. That's what friends are for, right?", Khushi said laughing.
"Really, now you are my friend? I thought you are my fiancee?", Arnav said, hoping to tease Khushi.
"I am ready to be your friend, employee, fiancee, teammate, wife, anything you want me to be in our journey together. Because that's what life partners do. They will always be with you in any role, whenever you need them", Khushi said thoughtfully.
"I love you Khushi", Arnav said those three magical words, because he didn't know how else he could express the feelings he was feeling for her right now. Because words were not enough to say how much he loved her.
Arnav and Khushi went on talking and laughing to each other, as nobody was ready to end their conversation. It was nearly 2am, when both of them went to sleep with a smile of satisfaction on both their faces.
Will Arnav find a new designer? If yes, who would it be? Will Lavanya realize that Arnav and Khushi's bond was getting stronger?
No comments:
Post a Comment