Wednesday, December 26, 2012


Chapter 30 - Moving On

Khushi couldn't believe what she heard right now. Was her Chachi really apologizing to her? She was not sure whether she was in a dream world or the real world. But when she heard her Chachi say the same words again, she realized that she was not dreaming at all. Khushi felt sorry for her Chachi, and she couldn't bear to see her so weak. 
"No Chachi, there's no need for you to say sorry", Khushi said, as she was worried for her.
"No Khushi, let me speak today. I know I have ignored you all this time. It's not because I hated you, but Lavanya was my priority. Also Chachu and I are not good at showing our love towards anyone, not even Lavanya. Have you ever seen us being all cuddly with Lav, no right? That's the way we are. But that doesn't mean we don't love you. Yet, I have to say that I always hesitated to accept that you acted more responsible than Lavanya. You were always better than her. But I didn't want to accept it in open, because Lavanya is a stubborn girl. And if I took your side in front of her, I was afraid that she would think that I cared more about you than my own daughter. So I remained silent. Because I always knew no matter what anybody said about you, you would always do the right thing. So I'm sorry Khushi", Mona said, while tears rolled down her face.
"It's alright Chachi. I can understand. I'm sorry if Arnav hurt Chachu's or your feelings yesterday in anyway. I don't mind if you didn't show me your love, or scolded me or anything which made me hurt even slightly. But I felt broken from inside yesterday, when I realized that you both didn't trust me at all. Why Chachi? Why? You do realize I love you both a lot and that I wouldn't do anything to ruin your reputation, right?", Khushi asked, while silver drops of water started to cascade down her soft cheeks.
"I'm sorry Khushi, I'm really sorry. It won't happen again. If you can, please forgive us", Mona said, while tears continued to roll down as she was unable to stop herself from crying.
Khushi couldn't see the tears in anyone else's face. After all her name implied giving happiness to the others. And she hated to see tears in her Chachi's eyes, as she was the reason behind those tears. She suddenly embraced her Chachi in a hug.
"It's alright Chachi, I want us to be happy. So can we start over?", Khushi asked, softly.
Mona broke the hug and looked at Khushi's face. She couldn't believe herself as to how she had hurt this innocent girl all this time. 
"Yeah, we can", Mona said, while a faint smile appeared on her face. Khushi wiped Mona's tears and Mona placed a soft kiss on Khushi's head and stood up hoping to take leave.
"I gotta go Khushi. Your Chachu will be back anytime. Give him sometime as well. It will take sometime for him to come around", Mona said, while smiling at Khushi.
"Ok Chachi. Good night", Khushi said while smiling back.
"Good night", Mona said, while leaving her room.
After Mona left, Khushi went under her duvet to drift off to her dreamland. She was feeling much better after opening up to Mona today. And sleep didn't take much time to take over her tired, fragile body. Although she was tired, she felt much more relaxed in her mind after so many years. 
Next day morning Khushi woke up early feeling much more refreshed. As soon as she got down from the bed, she went to her window and greeted the sun, which was part of her daily routine. Then she went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face. She was feeling more lively and cheerful today. And she knew the reason behind it. She thanked her Devi Maiyya for helping her to cope up with everything that was going on in her life. She dressed herself in a black and white dress(http://www.dofreefashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/do-free-fashion_64430.jpg) and tied her hair in a high ponytail. Khushi quickly ran downstairs and saw that Mona and Rajiv were already having breakfast. She joined them and sat next to Rajiv. Khushi greeted both of them. Lavanya was not to be seen, and she thought that may be she was still sleeping as she came late last night. Khushi remembered what Mona had said before leaving her room last night. She thought that she should give her Chachu more time. But she didn't like the tension in the air, so she thought of clearing it at least a little bit.
"I'm really sorry Chachu for what happened day before yesterday. If you can, please forgive me", Khushi said sincerely.
Rajiv looked at Khushi's face and continued with his breakfast. Khushi knew that he was still upset, and she didn't know what more she could do. So she thought of letting time solve the problem. Mona looked at Khushi, and smiled at her innocently. Khushi returned the smile and continued with her breakfast.
At around 9.00am, Khushi arrived at the office. She wanted to meet Arnav, but she went to leave her handbag and files in her cabin first. After leaving her stuff in her cabin, Khushi straight away went to Arnav's cabin. She wanted to know what Arnav wanted to tell about Lavanya. Khushi opened the cabin door without knocking and went in.
"Good morning Arnav", Khushi said cheerfully.
"Good morning. I thought I had told all my employees to knock before entering my cabin", Arnav said with his signature smirk on his face.
"Okay, stop it. I know what your playing at, and it's not going to work. Aren't you least curious to know as to why I am in a good mood?", Khushi asked, while seating herself in the chair in front of his table.
'You are always in a good mood. I don't think it's unusual. I would have asked what's up, if you were in bad mood. Anyway, whether you ask me or not, you are going to tell what ever is going in that small mind", Arnav said, hoping to tease Khushi.
"Fine, tease all you want. Do you know that Chachi came and apologized to me yesterday, and somehow I managed to open up to her as well", Khushi said, happily.
Arnav could see that Khushi was truly happy, as her smile had reached her eyes, and her eyes were twinkling like bright stars in the dark night sky.
"Wow, that's great. I'm glad you opened up to her. Are you feeling better now? Will I get my Khushi back?", Arnav asked, smiling at her.
"Yeah, I'm feeling much better. But Chachu doesn't seem to be all friendly with me. But I hope everything will be alright in the future", Khushi said.
"Hmmm... By the way, I need to talk to you", Arnav said thoughtfully.
"Oh yeah, about Lavanya right? What about her?", Khushi asked, while staring at him with questioning eyes.
"Yeah about her too. But first I need to talk with Rahul and you about a special project", Arnav said.
"Okay, so where is your best friend?", Khushi asked.
"Here I am", Rahul entered the cabin right on time, before Arnav could jump at him for being late.
"Good morning to the lovey dovey couple". Rahul greeted, while sitting down comfortably
"Good morning", Arnav said.
"Okay, so I'm going to jump straight in to the topic. As I told you both before, there is a new project. And whom ever that gets this project on their hands, will be able to open their design house in Canada. Now since we already have our company's branches opened in UK and USA, I thought it's time to reach Canada as well. But this time it's going to be more competitive. There are the Raichand's, Khanna's and Sharma's. But you both have to remember the most special thing is that my dad, is going to compete as well", Arnav said, firmly,
Khushi and Rahul were both shocked, when Arnav mentioned his father.
"Are you serious? You mean the Mallik Fashions?", Rahul said with surprise.
"Yep", Arnav said.
"But why now? They only do business in USA. After such a long time, what are they up to?", Rahul asked, as he felt that there was something fishy going on.
"I really don't know what's going on in that man's mastermind. But one thing I can tell you, he will do whatever it takes to win this project over me. So I somehow need to get my hands on this project. There are two months for us to prepare. So I need both of you to put in your full effort to get this project", Arnav said, as he wanted to win over this project so badly.
"Don't worry Arnav. We will. Just tell us what to do", Khushi said, as she knew what this project meant for Arnav.
"Rahul, I need you to choose the best models, and handle all the other paper work. As for Khushi, I need you to find another designer as good as you. You can't design three collections at the same time. So go and tell Aman to advertise the new designer post, and start the interviews from day after tomorrow. And by the end of next week, I need you to choose one. Select the best ten designers by next Thursday and I will join you to pick the best one out of them.  Also Rahul, I need you to hire  five new interns to assist Khushi and the other designer. So start going to the universities and interview the students. And tell me when your doing the final interview round in each university, as I want to be there to choose. Is everything clear?", Arnav went on describing his plan in a hurry, as he had to talk to his employees separately again.
By later in the afternoon, Khushi with the help of Aman had advertised and sent notices about the new designer post available in AR Designs. She was sure that there would be many candidates who would love to do this job. The thing she was not sure about was, whether they would be perfect for the job. 
After a hectic day, Arnav was feeling as if he was a half dead person. He leaned his head on his chair, and closed his eyes. Suddenly he heard a knock on his door.
"Come in", Arnav said. He already knew that it was Khushi, when he heard the sound of the knock.
"Hey, have you finished work?", Arnav asked, while still keeping his eyes shut.
Khushi was amazed when Arnav had recognized her without even opening his eyes. She could see that Arnav was stressed out and that he was tired. She walked to his side of the table and stood beside his chair. She leaned towards his face and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. 
"Stop thinking Arnav. You will get the project. After-all, when Khushi is here, not to fear", Khushi said, while smiling at Arnav, who had opened his eyes when he felt her lips touch his skin. Khushi sat on the table and waited for him to start a conversation.
"I know Khushi. But my dad was a very cunning person. And I'm sure he must be much more worse by now", Arnav said, in a worried tone.
"No matter how cunning he his, with our hard work, talent and luck, we will somehow get this project", Khushi said, hoping to ease out Arnav.
"Hard work and talent we have, but what about luck?", Arnav asked, questioningly.
"Oh that, we have plenty. Look at you. You wouldn't have got me as your life partner if you weren't lucky. And it's the same for me. Rahul and you are both lucky to have each other. I can go on if you want. But I guess that this is enough to make you realize that luck is with us as well", Khushi said smiling at him.
"Well, I have to say I have the most intelligent designer in the whole world. Anyway Khushi, I need to talk about Lavanya", Arnav said, hoping to talk about the other topic that had been bugging him since two days.
"What about her, Arnav?", Khushi asked, as she was clueless of what Arnav wanted to talk about her cousin.
"After the way she talked to you that day, I have been having second thoughts about Akash and Lavanya's marriage. Do you think she would be the best choice for Akash?", Arnav asked, hoping Khushi could help him clear his doubts.
"Arnav, why didn't you think of this before? You knew Lavanya was different from me, right?", Khushi asked, as she felt that it was too late now.
"I only knew that she was a typical rich girl. Unlike the other rich girls, she is ambitious and intelligent. After the engagement only I got to know from Rahul that she loves to go clubbing. Well, it is not a problem, as long as she knows her limits. After-all Akash is similar to Lavanya, as he even loves partying and stuff, unlike me. But after Chaya's death, he changed. Recently, after engaging to Lavanya, I feel that Akash is changing back to his old self. The fun loving, carefree guy. She seems to love Arush as well. I have seen three of them going out together in the past couple of days. And they seem happy. But...", Arnav stopped, as Khushi cut him off in the middle.
"But what Arnav? I know what is bothering you. It's about me, right? I know that Lav hates me. No matter how hard she tries to be nice with me, she can't. That's her nature. And I don't care anymore. I haven't done anything wrong to her, so I hope one day she will realize that she was wrong all these days. But I'm not going to say that she is not suitable for Akash. Because I have seen Lavanya bonding well with Arush and Akash. So may be they will change her one day. Yet, if you are still unsure about this, you should talk to someone in your family", Khushi said, hoping what she said was reasonable.
"I guess you are right, Khushi. Anyway, I'm going to talk to someone about this before something happens. But remember, no matter what happens in the future..."
"You will always be with me, right?", Khushi said, while completing the sentence that Arnav started.
Arnav took her hand and placed a kiss on her fingers. Just then a sudden knock on the door, made them realize that they were still in the office.
"Come in", Arnav said firmly, as he felt a little irritated with people for always disturbing his private moments.
"Hey Arnav"
Khushi and Arnav were both surprised to see the person that had just entered the cabin. It was not anyone else, but the person they were talking about just few minutes before. It was Lavanya.

Do you think that Lavanya heard Arnav and Khushi's conversation? If so, what will she do next?

2 comments:

  1. Buy YouTube Subscribers

    You should buy YouTube subscribers because now even 10-year-olds can make hundreds of thousands of dollars by opening a channel on YouTube. We’re not surprised about that anymore. Because everyone is now accepting the power of social media.

    You can do this by opening a YouTube channel. But there are two things you need for this: content generation and subscribers. If you can’t do it naturally, you should buy YouTube subscribers. Because even if you produce quality content, your channel will not work without subscribers.

    Please visit our service link: Buy YouTube Subscribers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for post. It will be very useful information for everyone.

    Skin Care Product

    ReplyDelete