It was an early Monday morning. Khushi woke up to the sound of the birds singing a melodious song as if saying today would be her lucky day. She lazily put down her legs & walked up to the window. She smiled to the view she saw when she opened the curtains. The sun was rising in the far horizon & she felt as if it was trying to say "Good Morning". She smiled & said "Good Morning" to the sun, which was her usual habit. She freshend herself quickly & changed into a pair of black shorts up to her mid thighs & a grey skinny(http://www.cheaphollistersaless.com/images/Abercrombie%20and%
She ran downstairs as she was feeling really hungry now. She saw her Chachu & Chachi being fully ready to visit the court. She ran & gave a quick back hug to her Chachi. Mona gasped with surprise & said, "How many times do I have to tell you, don't do that when I'm fully ready to leave for work???". Khushi felt a little disappointed. But she smartly hid her feelings & replied, "How many times do I have to say to you Chachi, that I won't stop doing it because I love you so much". Then Khushi pinched her Chachi's cheeks. "Yeh ladki mujhe pagal kardegi", said Mona.
"What's happening here??", the sudden question made everyone, turn around. "Oh, here comes the "Queen Bee", Khushi thought to herself, smiling in her mind. Lavanya was wearing a beige & black dress which looked elegant on her (http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4527841205290945&pid=15.1).
"Obviously Drama Queen must have done something to show her affection, right mom???? How do you always get these crappy ideas Khushi????", Lavanya said. "These are not crappy ideas Lav, I was just wishing Good morning to Chachi, giving her a hug. Why are you all making a big fuss out of it???", Khushi spit out the words, letting the emotions that she felt dominate. A sudden ring of a mobile phone, broke the silence that remained for few seconds. "Hello, Mr.Sharma, how are you???" answered Chachu to the phone. "Yeah, we will be there right away.", ending the call Chachu turned around & said, "Mona we have to leave now", & Mona nodded to her husband. "Khushi, Lavanya, breakfast is ready. Lavanya, please don't get late today. As parents who are lawyers,,,,,,,", Mona's words were stopped by Lavanya halfway, "I know mom, why can't you say everything in short. Just say don't be late tonight." She said rudely. Mona felt hurt inside, which was clearly noticed by Khushi, without saying anything both Rajiv & Mona left the house.
Lavanya & Khushi went to have breakfast, ignoring what happened earlier. Lavanya was 26 years old and was all into modern stuff. Unlike Khushi, she was all big headed because she was one of the top lawyer's daughters. Although she was elder to Khushi, she didn't clearly understand her responsibilities. She was well-educated, & she was a legal adviser working in a private firm. With Lavanya in the house having a very important career, Chachu & Chachi always expected Khushi to do a job. It doesn't mean that Khushi didn't have a job. She worked as a freelance fashion designer. She didn't want to be trapped inside four walls & her ideas to be restricted to the bosses. Whenever she got some great designs gathered in her mind, she would put them down on a paper as sketches & she would show them to some companies. As her designs were fresh & really creative, she would be praised for her talent & she was always able to impress the companies. She was known by many people as the famous Mr.Gupta's adopted daughter by now & people loved her talent. But his aunt & uncle always felt that she was wasting her time. The silence that remained around the breakfast table was suddenly broken by Khushi.
"Lav, don't you think you were a little rude to Chachi???"
Lavanya ignored.
"Come on, you gotta be kidding me, silent treatment, seriously Lav???"
Lav broke her silence, "Look Khushi, I don't care what you think of what I do, stop trying to be the nice one in the house. No matter how much you try, you will never be able to take my place in here."
Khushi felt really hurt, but she tried to hide her feelings & said, "Sorry Lav, I didn't mean to...Arrey chodo, come on lets finish our breakfast". She put up a smile which she always used to do & started to continue her breakfast. Suddenly Lavanya stood up. "Where are you going?", Khushi asked. "Unlike you who waste your time, I have a job to attend to. Also I don't think life is all easy to others, unlike for you. You don't get all your needs fulfilled that easily, unlike my parents who fulfill your needs". Khushi was dumbstruck. She was again hurt & irritated at the same time. But this time she didn't keep her mouth shut. She stood up & said, "Look Lav, just because I work from home doesn't mean I don't have money. I'm grateful for Chachu & Chachi, but that doesn't mean you can always make me feel unwanted & make me feel like a person who lives using your money". "Whatever", Lav said & left Khushi in tears.
After the incident at the breakfast table, Khushi was feeling really bad. She was crying in her room, keeping the photo of her parents close to her heart. "Why mumma, why did you leave me?". This was Khushi, she never showed her tears to the world. She hid them from the world & cried her heart out alone. She was feeling all down, when she felt like doing something, to relax herself. She took her phone & gave a call to her favourite person, her music teacher, Miss Shanthi.
"Hello, Khushi!!!!!!!!!!', Miss Shanthi answered.
"Hello Auntie!!!!!!!!", Khushi replied.
"How are you darling?"
"I'm fine", Khushi said, in a dull tone.
"Are you??? For sure???", Miss Shanthi asked as she felt something was not right..
"Yeah Auntie, it's just that I felt bored & I was wondering if I could come & spend some time with the kids at your class????", Khushi asked suddenly, changing voice to a more joyous tone.
"Of course, beta. Is that a question to even ask??? You are always welcome here".
"Okay Auntie, then I will come at around 2pm?".
"Sure, hope to see you then".
"Bye Auntie!!!!!"
"Bye Khushi".
Khsuhi was one of the best & innocent students Miss Shanthi had come across in her teaching career. She loved Khushi's joyful, lively & chirpy nature. She always felt sorry for this poor soul, because she knew that Khushi was just living her life without the love that she expected. And she knew she deserved to be loved a lot. That's why she would let Khushi visit her class from time to time, so that she will able to be loved by the kids. Khushi was really good with kids, as she was a kid herself sometimes. Kids loved to learn from her as well.
It was around midnoon, when Khushi's phone rang.
"Hello, Payal Bitiya!!", Khushi teased.
"Hey, Khushi, stop teasing me. Else I will tell Buaji", Payal said.
"Uffo Payal ji, maaf kardo yeh bachchi ko", Khushi said giggling
"So what's up?"
"Khushi, I need your help", Payal said a little worried.
"Or so you needed help? That's why you remembered me?", Khushi asked sarcastically.
"No, no. I didn't mean it like that", Payal said in a worried tone.
"Hey relax. I was just kidding. So what do you need me to do?" Khushi asked.
Payal was Khushi's best friend since college. They were really good friends. Payal had also lost her parents recently & was living with her Buaji. Buaji always calls Payal, Payal Bitiya & that's why Khushi was teasing, calling her in this name. She was from a middle class family, unlike Khushi. But their classes didn't matter for their friendship. Khushi was always there for Payal & Payal was always there for Khushi. Payal was a Fashion Designer in the well known company, AR Designs. She was talented, but she lacked the creativity Khushi had. But she was successful now & she loved her job.
"Khushi I, Khushi I...", Payal stammered.
"Wil you be saying Khushi I, Khushi I, the whole day???" Khushi teased again.
"No Khushi. I want your help in planning an event for AR Designs???", Payal said in one breath.
"Event planning??? Come on Payal, you know I'm not a professional Event Planner. And I have only planned parties in the uni & those too small ones. And it's been 2 years now since I'm out of touch.", Khushi said.
"But Khushi we know that you were really good at it. Look, I won't ask you to do this, if this was not an emergency situation. Our Event Planner suddenly had to undergo an emergency operation & we have to organize a party for some foreign clients who will be coming to India next week. Our boss, as you know Mr.ASR is all pissed. He doesn't have time to find a new replacement, as there is not enough time. Then suddenly I remembered you & I kind of mentioned about you", Payal said, knowing what was going to come next.
"Kind of???? You gotta be kidding me!!!!!!!! I mean how would your great boss ASR, trust me with a such responsibility??", Khushi asked, having so many doubts in her mind.
"He has heard about you. He knows that your the adopted daughter of the famous lawyer, Mr.Gupta. Also he has heard some good compliments about your designs from his friends in this field. Also he trusts me a lot. So taking all these facts in to consideration, he said lets take a chance with you.", Payal said carefully.
"But what if I make the event a flop???"
"First of all, I know you want. Secondly don't get nervous, this is not such a huge event. Just think that you are organizing a normal party", Payal said, making Khushi a little relieved.
"Okay, fine. I'm doing this only for you. What do I have to do?? I mean, I must meet your Boss, right?", Payal was feeling happy that Khushi accepted to help. Normally Khushi wouldn't do anything, if she didn't feel like doing it.
So Payal replied in a relaxed tone, "Yep. He asked you to meet him, today."
"Today??? Okay fine. At what time???", Khushi said while thinking about her plans for today.
"5pm?', Payal asked, not sure whether Khushi would be busy at that time.
"Alright I will meet him at the AR Office at 5. Will you be there?", Khushi asked Payal in the hope of seeing a familiar face in this new territory she would be visiting today.
"Yep", Khushi was really happy with the answer.
"Okay then, see you soon!!!!!!", Khushi said joyously.
"Thanks a lot Khush", Payal said, being really grateful for Khushi, for helping her.
"Hey, what are friends for, right?"
They laughed & hung up.
"Well Khushi, good luck!!!!!", she thought to herself while getting ready to visit the music class first & then to meet the Boss of AR Designs, Mr.ASR.
What will happen next?? Will Khushi & Arnav start off in a friendly manner or the other way round??
What will happen next?? Will Khushi & Arnav start off in a friendly manner or the other way round??
No comments:
Post a Comment