Chapter 13 - Forgivable Mistakes
Arnav was lying down and resting his head on the pillow. He couldn't imagine that his sister took such a drastic decision without telling him. He felt as if his whole body was burning out of anger, but then he suddenly remembered the answer from Khushi's side. Did she actually agree to marry him? Was she joking? She denied to accept the job as she wanted freedom, but now she was ready to give up her freedom by marrying him? He couldn't understand what this girl was up to, but he had to clear the doubts. He was about to dial Khushi's number, but was stopped by the knock on the door.
"Chotte, may I come in?", asked Anjali in a sweet tone.
By now, Arnav was a little calmed down, so he told his sister to come in.
Anjali came in with a smile and sat down on his bed. He changed his posture and sat down as well. Anjali felt that her brother had calmed down by now, so she thought of talking to him.
"Look Chotte, I know it was not right for me to take a decision about your life without asking from you. But as I said before, I was all excited when I saw and got to know about that girl. She is like us Chotte, even she has lost her parents. Also she seemed to be self-confident just like you. She was not like other girls I have seen before, she is not the show-off type. That's why I thought she would be the perfect match for you", she said in a soft tone, hoping Arnav would understand.
"I know Di, I'm sorry for blasting at you before, but you know my anger, right? I really feel ashamed for the way I behaved. But you should have not proposed without asking me? You know that I don't desire to be loved anymore. Although I have moved on without thinking about my past, I really loved her. She was my first love. But now I don't feel anything for anyone. One day or the other Khushi would want to be loved. But what will happen if I want be able to give her the love she desire? It will be unfair by her Di. And not only will it ruin her life, it will ruin mine as well", Arnav tried to explain his Di, why he denied the proposal.
"But how do you know Chotte? What if you fall in love with your wife, after marriage? You haven't even met her", Anjali thought of trying her best to convince her brother.
"I have met her Di. She has worked with me for a week. I even offered her a job, but she declined. Since then she haven't spoken a word to me. She didn't at least try to make amends with me. And that whole week I have observed her. Yes, she had all the qualities you said before, but she and I have completely different personalities. I don't think we will be ever compatible", Arnav told his sister the truth, because he never could lie to his Di.
"Oh, now I understand. You don't want to marry her because she didn't apologize to the Great ASR. Is this the reason?", Anjali said in a sarcastic tone, hoping that it would lighten up the mood.
"Yes, I am not happy with her for not apologizing for what she did. But I denied the proposal because of what I said before. Every girl's dream is to be loved by her husband. So I don't want to ruin an innocent girl's life. I don't want to shatter her dreams. Because once a glass is broken you can't pick up the pieces and remake it. It will be broken forever. It's the same with our heart. Heart is a fragile part of our body. If it is broken by someone once, then you will never be able to love another person again. The only thing you will feel, is the pain due to the wounds caused by the broken pieces of the heart. I know this because I have experienced it, and I don't want any other person in this world to feel that pain in their life, not even for once. Because it hurts Di, it hurts a lot", while saying the few last words, Arnav eyes welled up with tears that he had been hiding for four years. Yes, this was the first time he broke down in front of someone after his fiancee left him four years before.
Anjali couldn't stop the tears that were about to flow down her sweet face. She caressed her brother's hair, whose head was resting now on her laps. She couldn't bear to see her Chotte in this state anymore. He deserved to be loved. And she didn't know why, she felt that Khushi was the girl that would sooth the pain his heart was feeling. Khushi may not be able to remake the broken heart, but Anjali was sure that she will with time slowly heal the wounds of Arnav and he won't be suffering from this excruciating pain anymore. Anjali didn't want to force her brother to marry Khushi, but she thought of giving him sometime to think.
"Chotte, I didn't come here to emotionally blackmail you, or to try any of my tactics. All I want you to know is that I want you to be happy. I can't be happy, without you being happy. If staying single is what makes you happy, then I'm fine with it. But don't take this decision without thinking. I know you have moved on after that incident, but you haven't forgiven yourself for making the mistake of loving her. Falling in love is not a mistake, Chotte. It's the best thing that can happen to a person. If you consider that you did a mistake by falling in love, fine. Then learn from your mistake. People learn through their mistakes, Chotte. That's why God gives us second chances. Maybe this is your second chance. I know what your decision is right now , but remember, you might regret of this decision one day. So think well before you decide".
After giving her words of wisdom, Anjali thought of giving sometime for Arnav to be alone and refresh his mind. She wasn't sure whether he will agree for the proposal, but she was happy that at least she tried to convince her brother. She placed a kiss on her brother's forehead and left the room.
Arnav couldn't believe his Di's words. She was both his mom and sister. Since the day his mom died from a heart attack, Anjali had always been with him in every step he took towards success. She was the one who consoled him every time, when he felt down. But after the incident that happened four years before, he felt as he was drowning. He never thought that he would be able to survive, but his sister was his savior. She gave him the courage to live and that was why Arnav Singh Raizada was still standing on his feet. From that day onwards every breath he breathed was for her. That's why he wanted to move forward, trying to forget his past. In this process he had been hiding his feelings of guilt, regret and sorrow from the outside world, as he didn't want Arnav Singh Raizada to be known as a person with a poor soul. But today after letting out the feelings he felt for the first time in four years, he felt that his soul was regaining its strength slowly. Yes, he might have done the mistake of falling in love with the wrong girl, but he deserved a second chance. Maybe not for himself, but at least for his sister, he had to take this chance. After all, he was Arnav Singh Raizada, and he never gives up without trying. But first, he felt that he had to meet Khushi and talk to her, before making a final decision.
Khushi couldn't believe her ears when the Great ASR had called her, and when he himself asked her to meet him in this park at this hour of the day. It was 9pm, and there were few people around. She was seated in a bench in a corner which was lighted by a lamp post near by. The sky was invaded by the dark queen and there were no signs of any stars. An owl's hoot sent a chill through her spine. She felt the cold breeze hugging her body and she could sense the goosebumps on her body. She knew she was wrong that day to deny his offer and she felt that she was rude. So she thought that it would be unfair, if she didn't apologize to him today. Therefore the first thing she would do today as soon as she saw him would be saying sorry. Also she felt a bit nervous as she remembered about the proposal. She was not sure whether he would say yes or no. But she knew she was ready for any answer that would come from his side.
Arnav saw Khushi being lost in a pool of thoughts. So he thought of bringing her back by greeting her first.
"Khushi", he said.
Khushi was taken in by surprise by the sound of his husky voice.
"Hi Arnav", she said in a soft, sweet tone.
Without taking more time, she thought of apologizing to Arnav.
"I'm really sorry Arnav. I didn't mean to be all rude that day. I should have at least thought about the offer first. But I knew my decision would be the same. I should have tried to make you understand more, but before I could do anything, you left the cabin. When I came downstairs, you were no where to be seen. I felt hurt and I was feeling guilty, and that's why I didn't try to call you again. The day I received your cheque I tried to dial you, but I didn't have the strength to press the numbers. I don't expect you to forgive me, but I needed to say all this. But I don't regret my decision of declining you job offer", Khushi went on saying what she had to say without giving Arnav a chance to speak.
Arnav suddenly remembered the first meeting with Khushi. He remembered the way she apologized to him without hesitating to accept her fault. He was now feeling that she was doing the same today. All these days he thought she didn't call him because of her ego, but now he understood that she was feeling gulity for her mistake. He remembered her sister's conversation about God giving second chances. If he could get a second chance, why couldn't Khushi get one as well? He thought to himself. After few minutes of silence, he started to put his thoughts in to words.
"Khushi, I have to admit that I was hurt that day. I offered you the job full of hope. Therefore when you straightaway declined it, I was taken in by shock. Because as you know nobody says no to Arnav Singh Raizada. But now I understand why you declined it. You live on your own principles just like I do. You do what you think is right. Just like your name, you want yourself to be happy. So I think I can forgive you for that", Arnav said calmly, as he wanted to assure that he understood Khushi's decision.
"Thanks Arnav, I'm really glad that you forgave me. I mean, now I can sleep peacefully", Khushi said smiling.
"But that's not the reason I called you here today", Arnav said, nervously.
"I know, it's about the proposal, right? Look, I want be offended if you didn't agree for this. I'm doing this specially for my Chachu and Chachi and also for Lavanya", Khushi said in an understanding tone.
"You are right. I don't want to marry you. But it is not because I don't like you, but it is because I won't be able to love you".
Khushi was shocked. She thought he would reject her because he disliked her, but after what he said she couldn't figure out the Arnav she knew all these days.
"But the problem is I can't let down my Di as well. Although she says that she will be happy by whatever the decision I take, I know for sure that she wants to see me being married. So I wanted to clear the air before you made your decision. I know you said yes, but you can change your decision after hearing what I had said to you", Arnav said, as he felt relieved after explaining the situation to Khushi.
"Arnav, I know you must be thinking that I'm like any other typical girl, who is waiting for her prince charming to come and take her away to a magical castle so that they can live happily ever after. But you are wrong. I know the reality is not that wonderful. All my life I have only been loved by my parents. After they died, although I desired to be loved by my Chachu and Chachi in the same way, they couldn't fulfill my desire. I'm not blaming them for that. May be I was not destined to be loved in that way. And now I have no idea about the love that every single person in this world is talking about. So it is just an unwanted desire for me. The only thing I desire to see is the happiness in others face. And if I can bring a smile on one face everyday, that's it. My life would be complete. Because seeing another person smile, can make my heart fill with joy, which will make me lead my life happily. And that's what I want, to be happy. So if our marriage can make my family and your family happy, I'm ready to marry you", Khushi said with a slight smile on her face.
Arnav never expected an answer like that from this girl. He was all wrong about her. She truly was different. And now he was sure that she would be the perfect bahu for his family. He was hundred percent sure that his Di's choice was right. He might not be able to love her, but he knew that he would try his best to make her happy. Because she was ready to sacrifice her life to bring a smile on both their families. So Arnav made his final decision. That was he would marry Khushi.
How will Arnav's family react for Arnav's final decision? Will Rahul and Arnav's friendship still be the same after getting to know about Khushi's decision of marrying Arnav? Engagement of the both couples will be coming up next.
No comments:
Post a Comment