Monday, November 26, 2012

Chapter 8

Chapter 8 - Misunderstandings

Arnav and Khushi were lost in each others eyes for few minutes, but suddenly Rahul's voice brought Arnav back to normal and their trance was broken. 
"Hey, what's up dude? You seem all lost", asked Rahul, as he felt that Arnav was different.
"Nothing. I was just checking out the people around", Arnav answered hoping that Rahul had not noticed him, sharing the eye lock with Khushi.
Arnav was feeling all confused now. Therefore he thought of being alone for sometime. So he excused Rahul, and went towards Rahul's office room in the house.
Khushi was surprised with what happened few minutes ago. She couldn't imagine how she got lost in his eyes. She was angry with him for sure, yet how can she become all soft in front him so easily? This was the question that was running in her mind right now. A sudden pull on her hand, made her look down. She was surprised to see a cute little boy, who had questioning eyes.
"Auntie, have you seen my papa?", asked the little kid.
"What's your papa's name?", Khushi asked, thinking of providing some help for the little boy.
"Akash Raizada", said the little boy proudly.
"No I haven't seen him. Actually I don't know most of the people here. So, why don't I help you to find your dad?", Khushi said, offering her assistance to him.
"Great!!!!!!!! By the way, I'm Arush. What's your name?", Arush asked confidently. He didn't know why, but he felt a sudden liking towards the lady in front of him. So he thought of getting her help to find his dad.
"I'm Khushi. Well, why don't we go and find your dad?", Khushi said. Khushi found this little boy to be forward, compared to his age. The way he talked showed that he was intelligent and smart at the same time.
So in hope of finding Akash, both Khushi and Arush went inside the house.
While walking towards Rahul's office, Arnav's eyes fell on the bar. He saw Akash with a glass of liquor on his hand. By now Arnav had found out the truth about Akash. He knew that Akash was drunk on the previous night where he didn't come home. Since it happened only for one time, he thought of not making it a big issue. Also in his heart he believed that Akash would one day open up to him. But seeing him with a glass of liquor, didn't stop Arnav from talking to Akash this time.
"Bhai, are you out of your mind?", Arnav asked a little angrily.
"Look Arnav, leave me alone. This is my life and I can do whatever I want", Akash was a little drunk, so he didn't realize what he was talking.
"I know it's your life and I'm not going to poke my nose into it. But remember, you have Arush in your  life as well. And he needs you. What's going to happen to him if he sees you like this?", Arnav asked in a more concerned tone.
"Oh, come on. Stop overreacting Arnav. It's just a few drinks. After all this is a party. You should enjoy too. Stop giving me advice and try to be more fun going", said Akash in a joyous mood.
Arnav knew there was no use in talking to Akash now. So he thought of continuing the conversation later, when Akash was in his senses. So he turned around and was about to leave. But he stopped, as he saw his nephew walking, hand in hand with Khushi.
"There's my Papa!!!!!!!!!!", Arush screamed as he was overjoyed to see his dad after searching for a long time.
Arush ran to his dad, and Akash spread his arms open to take Arush in for a hug. Khushi was happy to see Arush's smile. She was about to leave as her work was done.
"Thanks Khushi Auntie!!!!!!!!!!!", shouted Arush again.
Khushi smiled and nodded at him. Then she left the place, leaving the three Raizadas to deal with each other.
Khushi was lost in her thoughts about Arnav, after the encounter with him again. She still couldn't figure out this man. She was surprised at the way they shared the eye lock in the garden. Yesterday he was barking at her and his eyes were full of anger. But today the emotions conveyed by his eyes were different. She was so lost in all these thoughts, that she didn't see the step in front of her.
"Ouch", came the cry from Khushi, as she felt an excruciating pain in her ankle.
Rahul came running towards Khushi and helped her to get up. She slowly stood up, but it was difficult for her to walk. She felt that her ankle had twisted. So Rahul led her to a room nearby and helped her sit down on a chair. He told her to put her ankle on his knee. Khushi hesitated for a bit, but since he insisted, she did what he said. He somehow managed to fix her ankle. She was feeling much better now, and when she was about to move her foot away from Rahul's knee, in came the person she least wanted to see now.
It was Lavanya. Lavanya couldn't believe her eyes after seeing her best friend all being nice to Khushi.
"Oh my god!!!!!!!!! I can't believe this. What's wrong with you Rahul?", Lavanya blasted out, as she thought Khushi was trying to get hold of her best friend as well.
"What are you talking about Lav?", Rahul asked, as he didn't have a clue why Lavanya was acting all stressed out.
"God, can't you see that she's trying to cast a spell on you, so that she will be able to get hold of you as well? She tried doing it with Arnav as well, but her efforts became useless, as he was more sensible to figure out her spell. But you don't seem to have a brain at all, Rahul. You seem to be giving in so easily", Lavanya continued to spit out the words as her anger had reached the climax.
"Hey Lav, what's wrong with you? I was just helping Khushi. She...", Rahul's words were stopped half way as Lavanya continued to throw the fault on Khushi as usual.
"Helping???? Can't you see??? She's trying to win your sympathy. So that she will be able to grab money from you one day", Lavanya said rudely, throwing her vamp look at Khushi.
Hearing these words Khushi's eyes were filled with tears of anger. She stood up and was about to talk some sense into Lavanya, as she couldn't bear it any longer. But she was stopped by the sound of the door being opened suddenly.
"Don't you think you have said enough Lavanya???", Khushi was surprised to see the man who was throwing angry glares at Lavanya, in order to defend Khushi. 
Arnav had been the witness of everything that happened since the time Khushi fell. He wanted to run and help her, but he stopped when he saw Rahul reaching out before he did. Later he thought of going to check on Khushi, but was stopped by one of his friends for a chat. As soon as he finished the chat, he came to check on Khushi and that's when he heard all the accusations Lavanya was throwing at Khushi. He felt that it was not right to barge in between the two sisters. But he felt sorry for Khushi. Although he had known her for a few days, he knew that the least thing she wanted was to take money from other people. So he couldn't stop himself anymore. Therefore he thought of crashing the party.
"Think before you talk Lavanya. I thought you were a daughter of a top lawyer and not even that, you yourself is a legal adviser, so act like one. I thought you both grew up together for such a long time. But seems like you don't know her at all. The least thing she wants is money from another person. If she was so greedy for money, she wouldn't have declined the job I gave her at the first place. Not only once, but she declined it for the second time yesterday as well. Do you think that this kind of an act can woo a boss??? I don't think so. On the other hand, if Khushi wanted to cast a spell on Rahul, she would have done it by now. She did not need to fake an accident. Because Rahul already has a soft corner towards Khushi. I thought you must have noticed it by now", Arnav's words left Khushi, Lavanya and Rahul wordless. They were shocked to know that he had noticed every single detail about them so clearly.
Arnav continued in anger, "Yesterday in the office, both of you were at fault. I saw both of you were unaware of yourselves, until you both bumped into each other. But did you think for a second that you were at fault as well Lavanya??? Khushi at least had the decency to say sorry. But what did you do? You just kept on blabbering about her fault. Since it was the office, I didn't want to get in to the middle of it. But today, I'm just a casual person here and I didn't want my friend or my ex-employee to be blamed for something they didn't do. Next time think twice before you talk. I'm not going to fire you as this was not something that happened in the office. But if you expect to work with my company, I don't want to see these kinds of incidents in the future".
Lavanya was left speechless and she was embarrassed. She couldn't control the tears that had started to flow from her eyes. So she ran out of the room, as she couldn't face the person she loved the most. Rahul ran behind Lavanya, as he was upset that his best friend was crying. He knew Lavanya was wrong, but yet she was his best friend.
Khushi couldn't believe her eyes. She really felt the man that stood in front of her was a mystery man. At one time he would shout at her without caring whether she was right or wrong? And at another time, he was defending her innocence. She was speechless, just like Lavanya. Tears came to her eyes, because she was feeling all weak after the physical and mental pain she had suffered. Arnav came towards her and stopped.
"Yesterday, you thought I shouted at you without knowing anything, right? But Miss Gupta you were wrong. You think you are smart, but you are not smart enough. I heard the whole argument between you both, but I didn't want to take sides, because I'm the boss for both of you. If I took sides, then I would have been unprofessional. But today the case was different. I didn't come here as a boss, I was just a person who came for the party. Unlike you, I know how to handle the situations. Because if you act without thinking, just like you did yesterday, you might regret the decision later", saying these words Arnav left the room without turning back.

Will Khushi regret the decision of quitting the job? Will Lavanya regret for what she have made Khushi go through? What does Rahul think about Khushi? Will there be a change in Khushi's feelings towards Arnav?

No comments:

Post a Comment