Monday, November 26, 2012

Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - Her First Day at AR Designs

"Khushi, What are you doing here????", Lavanya asked in a surprised tone.
Khushi was even more shocked to see Lavanya in AR Office.
"Oh she is the new event planner at AR Designs. Wait a minute... You two know each other?", Rahul asked, completely confused of what was happening at the moment.
"Yeah, actually she is my sister", Khushi answered to clear the air.
"Cousin sister", said Lavanya, trying to emphasize that Khushi did not share the same blood.
"Oh, so your Mr.Gupta's daughter, right? Great. I'm sure you must be talented just like your father. So I'm going to offer you the job, without any second thoughts", Arnav said to Lavanya, because he knew that Mr.Gupta was one of the best on legal issues. So he believed his daughter would be the same, which would help him in saving his time of interviewing or thinking whether she would be suitable for the job.
Khushi stood up to leave, but was stopped by Arnav.
"Wait Khushi", he said and continued his conversation with Lavanya.
Lavanya was mesmerized by the looks of this handsome, young man who was sitting in front of her. Never in her dreams did she imagine that she would be able to work with him. For her Arnav was a very good example of "Perfection". Her thoughts were stopped by the voice of her all time crush.
"Lavanya, you may leave now. But I want to meet you day after tomorrow, in my office, at 9am. But 9am means 9am. I don't like people who are late", Aranv said, while looking at Khushi when stating his last phrase. Khushi had a "Are you serious?", look on her face.
"Sure ASR. I will ", Lavanya said, with pure happiness evident in her voice. She said good bye and was about to leave, when Rahul said, "Wait Lav, I'm coming too. Hey Arnav, I will leave now as I have to go to the office. If you need anything, call me".
"Yeah sure. See you soon", said Arnav. He bid them good bye and was surprised to hear what Rahul said when he was about to leave.
"Bye Sexy", Said Rahul chuckling.
Khushi was shocked at this guy, who had no sense of shame. She blushed a little at the thought of her being called "sexy", but instead of showing this, she gave her serious look to show that she was not interested. But the blush did not go unnoticed by Lavanya, who was now cursing at her good friend, for flirting with Khushi.
After Rahul & Lavanya left, suddenly the cabin was filled with laughter. Khushi was forcefully trying hard to keep her giggles to herself. But after trying for sometime she found it was useless. 
"What the...", came these two words out of Arnav's mouth. But after few seconds he was unknowingly attracted towards this girl's laugh. "Khushi", the name seemed to be perfect for this girl. Not only her smile could make any inanimate object live, she could lighten up millions of hearts by her smile. He was surprised yet once again, how good she looked when she was all happy.
"ASR, I'm sorry", her voice brought him back to reality. How could he get lost in his thoughts, and that too about her, he thought to himself. "I couldn't stop the laugh, as I find your friend quite funny and at the same time he seems to be a quite successful flirt", she continued.
"But he has a good heart", he said giving her a slight smile.
"Khushi, you can start your work now. My personal assistant, Aman, will help you with your work", saying this, Arnav called Aman to his cabin.
"Aman, this is the new event planner. I want you to show Khushi, her cabin. Also you two should work together in this. If there is any problem, let me know. Also as I said before Khushi, I need to know the progress at the end of each day", Arnav continued to explain. 
"Yeah sure, ASR. Don't worry, everything will be fine", Khushi said, making Arnav feel more comfortable. 
Saying this Aman and Khushi left ASR's cabin. Then Aman showed Khushi around.

Because Payal was not at the office today, Khushi felt a little bored. But she had managed to find some new friends. She found that Aman was really good at what he was doing. Everybody in the office seemed to work hard. They seemed to fear their Boss, but yet they didn't complain of anything while they were working. Khushi managed to complete the work she had planned today on time, with the help of Aman. At the end of the day, she went to ASR, and showed what she had managed to do. ASR was impressed by the work this girl had done and he was fully confident that she was the right choice for this job. Khushi left the office at around 5.10pm. When she stepped out of the AR Designs, she turned back and smiled to herself. She never thought she would feel what she was feeling right now. To be frank, she had enjoyed her work today.

When Arnav reached home, he found everybody was enjoying the teatime together. His eyes specially fell on, father-son duo, who were enjoying themselves now.
"Seems like my Buddy has forgotten about the punishment he was going to give to his papa", said Arnav, joining the family union time.
"Are you kidding me Chachu??? Of course not. I have already given him the punishment. He promised to take me to Rahul uncle's birthday party on Friday", Arush said cheerfully.
Arnav was happy that Akash had somehow managed to make Arush forgive him. But Arnav didn't want let him go off easily. But he didn't want to drag this topic in front of everyone in the family.

After dinner, everyone retired to their own rooms. Akash was in his office room, doing some work on his laptop. He heard a knock on his door.
"Come in", he said.
He was not surprised to see Arnav in his room, after yesterday's incident.
"Hey Bhai, how are you?", Arnav asked with a concerned tone.
"Look Arnav, I know what happened was not right. But it was just that, I had to attend a friend's b'day party. He was quite drunk and I had to drop him to his house. It was quite late, so I crashed with him", Akash explained to his cousin brother.
"You don't have to say sorry Bhai. I just wanted to know whether you were alright. These days you don't seem to share much stuff with me, like you always used to do", Arnav said trying to show that he was there for Akash.
Akash was relieved that Arnav was not trying to know much about what happened the previous night. "Well, the times have changed and I have changed", said Akash, emotionally.
"I just wanted you to know that I will be there for you whenever you want to talk", Arnav said honestly.
"Thanks", Akash said formally.
"Okay then, Good night Bhai", said Arnav, while leaving Akash in his thoughts.
Although Akash was relieved thinking that Arnav had bought his lie, this is where he was wrong.
Now Arnav was walking towards his room, when he remembered his brother's lie just few minutes ago. He knew that his brother was lying, at the second Akash started to tell the reason for not returning home yesterday. But he didn't push him too much, because he knew Akash's condition was fragile. So he thought of acting as if he believed him. But he was ASR and he always knew how to find out of the truth.

What was Akash hiding from Arnav about the previous night? What was Akash's unfortunate past? Will Lavanya create problems for Khushi while working in AR Designs? What kind of a relationship will Arnav and Lavanya share?

No comments:

Post a Comment