"Oh great, Arnav you came at the right time buddy", Rahul said joyously.
Right now Arnav and Khushi were both surprised as to what Rahul was doing there. Because both weren't expecting to meet Rahul in the cabin.
"What do you mean?", Arnav asked Rahul in a questioning tone.
"I'm about to ask Khushi a very important question. And Khushi, I want you to think and answer", Rahul said very seriously.
Arnav had a slight idea of what was about to happen, but he didn't ever expect this idea to become true. Was Rahul about to propose Khushi? "You gotta be kidding me?", Arnav thought to himself. Poor guy merely knew her and without even going out on a date, he was going to propose? Before Arnav could drag Rahul to a corner and put some sense in to him, Rahul went down on one knee, and popped the question.
"Khushi, will you go out with me?", Rahul asked in a hopeful tone.
As soon as the question registered in Arnav's mind, he felt a bit relieved. At least now this guy won't be embarrassed that much. Arnav knew Khushi wasn't interested in Rahul, that's why he felt sorry for his best friend. Rahul would have been heart broken if Khushi denied his proposal. But thankfully he had a little bit of intelligence to ask her out on a date. Then Arnav was curious to know what Khushi's answer would be.
Khushi couldn't understand what was happening, as everything was happening so fast. Was Rahul really asking her out on a date? "Why would he ask me on a date? I haven't ever shown any interest on him. Great!!! Now I have to deal with a desperate guy as well? Like Lavanya wasn't enough to create problems in my life, now her friend is here to start a new chapter", she asked from herself. But by now she knew what she had to do.
"Rahul, just get up, okay", Khushi said in a firm tone. Rahul felt a little disappointed at Khushi's choice of tone.
"I don't know what Lavanya told you and I don't want to embarrass you in front of your friend as well. But I don't want you to have any misunderstandings. I was nice to you because you were ASR's friend and because you were nice to me. I didn't want to be rude and that's why I agreed to attend your b'day party, even though I didn't want to. I never thought that you would take my behaviour in the wrong way. But, if by any way I have given you hopes, I'm sorry. I have no interest in any guy, as of right now. So my answer is a big NO. I don't want to go out with you and please don't keep your hopes up as well. If there was a slightest chance of us being a couple, I would have said you to wait. But I don't have that kind of feelings towards you. So forget about what happened right now and I won't tell this to anyone. Neither would ASR", Khushi kept on clearing Rahul's misunderstanding.
"Wow Khushi, do you know how many days I have been thinking to ask you about this??? Three days to be exact. And look how easily you gave the answer. You never for a second thought how I would feel??? I never expected you to be this kind of a person Khushi, but I was clearly wrong. Now I know why Lavanya hates you so much. You are selfish just like she said. Anyway don't think I won't be able to find a girl better than you. I'm really glad that I was able to see the real face hidden inside the beautiful mask you are wearing. I'm sorry Arnav, I don't understand what you see in her", Rahul went on uttering whatever that came in to his mind, as he was feeling really hurt by now.
Before Arnav could talk to Rahul, Rahul left the cabin, banging the door shut, on both Arnav and Khushi. Arnav was feeling sorry for Khushi, as he clearly knew that this wasn't Khushi's fault. But he couldn't shout at his friend as well. Because Arnav knew if he took Khushi's side now, Rahul will never try to understand that it was his own fault. Khushi was feeling a little down, but she knew what she did was right. She didn't want to give false hopes for a nice guy like Rahul. Yes, Rahul may hate her right now, but she knew eventually he would come around.
Breaking the slience, Khushi asked Arnav, "You said you were searching for me?"
"Oh yeah, but are you alright Khushi? I mean I know Rahul must have hurt your feelings, but it was just the tension at the moment. He will be fine after sometime", Arnav said showing her some concern.
"Oh, that's alright. I didn't mind at all. I just didn't want him to have any misunderstanding.That's why I tried to clear it. Anyway, why were you searching for me?", Khushi asked with curiosity.
"First, what were you doing in my cabin?", Arnav asked, as he was a little nervous to say about the offer directly. Because he didn't want her to deny it.
"I came to look for a file. Okay, now tell me what were you trying to ask?", Khushi asked, as she knew something was troubling Arnav from inside.
"Yeah Khushi. I want to offer you a permanent job as the event planner in this company. After seeing your work today, I was totally impressed. I mean look at this place. No one can say this was a non-professional's work", Arnav said confidently, hoping she would say, "yes".
But it wasn't as easy as he thought. "Look Arnav, you know I did this, as I couldn't say no to Payal. I don't want to work under bosses. And I'm not an event planner at the first place. So I'm sorry, but I can't agree to do this job", Khushi said assuring him that she didn't want the job.
"I know that you don't want to work under a boss, but as far as I saw, you enjoyed planning this event. You are truly talented, so why don't you let the world see that?", Arnav said, trying his best to get a positive answer from Khushi.
"Sorry Arnav, this is my decision. As much as I'd love to plan events, I love my freedom as well. That's why I work as a freelancer. So I'm sorry again, I have to deny your job offer", Khushi reassured.
"Fine. So you won't change you decision, right? What a fool I was to think that you would change your mind? Well, you know what? I don't care whatever your decision is. After all it's your life and you can do whatever you want. But remember, you won't get this kind of an offer forever in your life. So I hope you have thought very well before taking this decision. Because as I have said before, you may regret about your decision one day", saying this, Arnav left the cabin angrily. He couldn't believe that this girl was trying to act confident. Arnav's temper meter had gone above the maximum and he couldn't control himself any more. So he left the venue, without looking back for even a second.
Khushi was about to stop Arnav, but she was too late. She ran downstairs and tried to find Arnav, but she got to know from Payal that he had left. Khushi explained everything to Payal and Payal tried to to console her. But her efforts were unsuccessful. One by one, silver droplets of water started to flow down Khushi's angelic face.
It had been two weeks since Khushi had left the company. Neither had she tried to talk or call Arnav. Arnav had missed seeing her in the office. Everyday he hoped that she will show up and say sorry. But she didn't. So he thought of giving up. After all, he didn't do anything wrong. He was only trying to be nice. If she didn't want to make amends with him, why should he waste his efforts? So Arnav being ASR, moved on with his usual routine.
It was a Thursday, and Arnav was about to leave for work, when his Nani and Di stopped him from leaving. His mind said that this was not a good signal, but he respected these two wonderful people in his life. So he stopped and thought of listening to what they had to say.
"Guess what Chotte?", Anjali said.
"What is it Di?", Arnav asked with suspicion.
"Nani and I have been thinking about this for sometime. I think now is the right time to let you know about our brilliant idea", Arnav knew this was going to be the worst idea, if they mentioned it as "brilliant".
"We thought of going to see a girl for Akash. Arush needs a mom in his life and Akash deserves to be loved again. So we thought that this would be a good idea", Anjali continued, hoping Arnav would agree.
Arnav knowing about the recent drinking fiasco of Akash, thought this would be a good idea as well. Clearly Akash wasn't ready to share anything with Arnav. May be it was time, another girl enters Akash's life. Being motherless, Arnav knew how much he missed his mom, so it would be fair for Arush as well. "Okay Di, I think this is a good idea. But do you think Akash will agree?", Arnav said with a doubt in his head.
Anjali was over the moon to hear her Chotte's answer and Nani was extremely happy.
"Well, we know how much you two are close with each other. So that's why your Di and I thought you would talk to him about this. Anyway we are about to leave to see the girl. We hope you can talk to Aksh about this tonight?", Nani said.
"I don't know Nani, but I will give it a try. Something is better than nothing, right? Anyway, who is the girl?", Arnav asked curiously.
Anjali answered in excitement, "The girl comes from a family that works in the field of law. You may have heard of them. Mr.and Mrs.Gupta".
"Mr.Gupta?", Arnav repeated the words with shock.
"What do you mean?", Arnav asked Rahul in a questioning tone.
"I'm about to ask Khushi a very important question. And Khushi, I want you to think and answer", Rahul said very seriously.
Arnav had a slight idea of what was about to happen, but he didn't ever expect this idea to become true. Was Rahul about to propose Khushi? "You gotta be kidding me?", Arnav thought to himself. Poor guy merely knew her and without even going out on a date, he was going to propose? Before Arnav could drag Rahul to a corner and put some sense in to him, Rahul went down on one knee, and popped the question.
"Khushi, will you go out with me?", Rahul asked in a hopeful tone.
As soon as the question registered in Arnav's mind, he felt a bit relieved. At least now this guy won't be embarrassed that much. Arnav knew Khushi wasn't interested in Rahul, that's why he felt sorry for his best friend. Rahul would have been heart broken if Khushi denied his proposal. But thankfully he had a little bit of intelligence to ask her out on a date. Then Arnav was curious to know what Khushi's answer would be.
Khushi couldn't understand what was happening, as everything was happening so fast. Was Rahul really asking her out on a date? "Why would he ask me on a date? I haven't ever shown any interest on him. Great!!! Now I have to deal with a desperate guy as well? Like Lavanya wasn't enough to create problems in my life, now her friend is here to start a new chapter", she asked from herself. But by now she knew what she had to do.
"Rahul, just get up, okay", Khushi said in a firm tone. Rahul felt a little disappointed at Khushi's choice of tone.
"I don't know what Lavanya told you and I don't want to embarrass you in front of your friend as well. But I don't want you to have any misunderstandings. I was nice to you because you were ASR's friend and because you were nice to me. I didn't want to be rude and that's why I agreed to attend your b'day party, even though I didn't want to. I never thought that you would take my behaviour in the wrong way. But, if by any way I have given you hopes, I'm sorry. I have no interest in any guy, as of right now. So my answer is a big NO. I don't want to go out with you and please don't keep your hopes up as well. If there was a slightest chance of us being a couple, I would have said you to wait. But I don't have that kind of feelings towards you. So forget about what happened right now and I won't tell this to anyone. Neither would ASR", Khushi kept on clearing Rahul's misunderstanding.
"Wow Khushi, do you know how many days I have been thinking to ask you about this??? Three days to be exact. And look how easily you gave the answer. You never for a second thought how I would feel??? I never expected you to be this kind of a person Khushi, but I was clearly wrong. Now I know why Lavanya hates you so much. You are selfish just like she said. Anyway don't think I won't be able to find a girl better than you. I'm really glad that I was able to see the real face hidden inside the beautiful mask you are wearing. I'm sorry Arnav, I don't understand what you see in her", Rahul went on uttering whatever that came in to his mind, as he was feeling really hurt by now.
Before Arnav could talk to Rahul, Rahul left the cabin, banging the door shut, on both Arnav and Khushi. Arnav was feeling sorry for Khushi, as he clearly knew that this wasn't Khushi's fault. But he couldn't shout at his friend as well. Because Arnav knew if he took Khushi's side now, Rahul will never try to understand that it was his own fault. Khushi was feeling a little down, but she knew what she did was right. She didn't want to give false hopes for a nice guy like Rahul. Yes, Rahul may hate her right now, but she knew eventually he would come around.
Breaking the slience, Khushi asked Arnav, "You said you were searching for me?"
"Oh yeah, but are you alright Khushi? I mean I know Rahul must have hurt your feelings, but it was just the tension at the moment. He will be fine after sometime", Arnav said showing her some concern.
"Oh, that's alright. I didn't mind at all. I just didn't want him to have any misunderstanding.That's why I tried to clear it. Anyway, why were you searching for me?", Khushi asked with curiosity.
"First, what were you doing in my cabin?", Arnav asked, as he was a little nervous to say about the offer directly. Because he didn't want her to deny it.
"I came to look for a file. Okay, now tell me what were you trying to ask?", Khushi asked, as she knew something was troubling Arnav from inside.
"Yeah Khushi. I want to offer you a permanent job as the event planner in this company. After seeing your work today, I was totally impressed. I mean look at this place. No one can say this was a non-professional's work", Arnav said confidently, hoping she would say, "yes".
But it wasn't as easy as he thought. "Look Arnav, you know I did this, as I couldn't say no to Payal. I don't want to work under bosses. And I'm not an event planner at the first place. So I'm sorry, but I can't agree to do this job", Khushi said assuring him that she didn't want the job.
"I know that you don't want to work under a boss, but as far as I saw, you enjoyed planning this event. You are truly talented, so why don't you let the world see that?", Arnav said, trying his best to get a positive answer from Khushi.
"Sorry Arnav, this is my decision. As much as I'd love to plan events, I love my freedom as well. That's why I work as a freelancer. So I'm sorry again, I have to deny your job offer", Khushi reassured.
"Fine. So you won't change you decision, right? What a fool I was to think that you would change your mind? Well, you know what? I don't care whatever your decision is. After all it's your life and you can do whatever you want. But remember, you won't get this kind of an offer forever in your life. So I hope you have thought very well before taking this decision. Because as I have said before, you may regret about your decision one day", saying this, Arnav left the cabin angrily. He couldn't believe that this girl was trying to act confident. Arnav's temper meter had gone above the maximum and he couldn't control himself any more. So he left the venue, without looking back for even a second.
Khushi was about to stop Arnav, but she was too late. She ran downstairs and tried to find Arnav, but she got to know from Payal that he had left. Khushi explained everything to Payal and Payal tried to to console her. But her efforts were unsuccessful. One by one, silver droplets of water started to flow down Khushi's angelic face.
It had been two weeks since Khushi had left the company. Neither had she tried to talk or call Arnav. Arnav had missed seeing her in the office. Everyday he hoped that she will show up and say sorry. But she didn't. So he thought of giving up. After all, he didn't do anything wrong. He was only trying to be nice. If she didn't want to make amends with him, why should he waste his efforts? So Arnav being ASR, moved on with his usual routine.
It was a Thursday, and Arnav was about to leave for work, when his Nani and Di stopped him from leaving. His mind said that this was not a good signal, but he respected these two wonderful people in his life. So he stopped and thought of listening to what they had to say.
"Guess what Chotte?", Anjali said.
"What is it Di?", Arnav asked with suspicion.
"Nani and I have been thinking about this for sometime. I think now is the right time to let you know about our brilliant idea", Arnav knew this was going to be the worst idea, if they mentioned it as "brilliant".
"We thought of going to see a girl for Akash. Arush needs a mom in his life and Akash deserves to be loved again. So we thought that this would be a good idea", Anjali continued, hoping Arnav would agree.
Arnav knowing about the recent drinking fiasco of Akash, thought this would be a good idea as well. Clearly Akash wasn't ready to share anything with Arnav. May be it was time, another girl enters Akash's life. Being motherless, Arnav knew how much he missed his mom, so it would be fair for Arush as well. "Okay Di, I think this is a good idea. But do you think Akash will agree?", Arnav said with a doubt in his head.
Anjali was over the moon to hear her Chotte's answer and Nani was extremely happy.
"Well, we know how much you two are close with each other. So that's why your Di and I thought you would talk to him about this. Anyway we are about to leave to see the girl. We hope you can talk to Aksh about this tonight?", Nani said.
"I don't know Nani, but I will give it a try. Something is better than nothing, right? Anyway, who is the girl?", Arnav asked curiously.
Anjali answered in excitement, "The girl comes from a family that works in the field of law. You may have heard of them. Mr.and Mrs.Gupta".
"Mr.Gupta?", Arnav repeated the words with shock.
Which girl of Gupta family was Nani & Di talking about, Khushi or Lavanya? Will Arnav & Khushi meet again? If so, will Khushi apologize to Arnav? Will Arnav forgive Khushi?
No comments:
Post a Comment