Chapter 9 - Second Chances
Khushi finally remembered Arnav's phrases when he said before leaving. Will she really regret the decision of quitting? She was surprised that Arnav had defended her. Thinking from his side, what he did was right. He couldn't take sides, as he was the boss. But it was not right for him to blame her, as she didn't do anything wrong either. But he didn't ask her to quit either. "But he was wrong. I didn't do anything wrong. Whatever it is, I'm not going back", she confirmed to herself.
Lavanya was in her room, boiling from inside. "How dare Khushi embarrass me in front of Arnav? How could Arnav defend Khushi? We will see how long he believes in Khushi? I won't let her get what she wants", Lavanya thought to herself, as she didn't want to let Arnav go off easily.
Rahul was amazed that Arnav had noticed his soft corner towards Khushi. Yes, he liked Khushi, but he didn't know why? He thought she was a nice, talented girl. But he knew if he showed more concern towards Khushi, he would lose his best friend. Yes, Lavanya was jealous and stubborn, but may be there was a valid reason for her hatred towards Khushi. He was confused a midst all these feelings and thoughts. But he wanted to clear the air as quickly as possible.
Next day morning, Arnav was in his cabin working on his laptop. Although he was working, his mind was not on the laptop. He was thinking why he acted like that the night before. He never had involved in messy situations like that before. Especially in girls problems. But he couldn't stop himself, because he clearly knew Khushi was innocent. He didn't know why he had a strong urge to clear her name, but there was a strong attraction towards her from his side. It had been four years since he had made love, an unwanted desire in his life. Was he falling in love with this girl? Nah, can't be. She had so many flaws in her personality, that he didn't like. But those flaws were negligible, when compared to her good qualities, that he made him surprised every time. A knock on the door brought Arnav out of his thoughts.
"Come in", Arnav said.
He was amazed to see the girl who had entered the office. Never did he expect this meeting to happen. He knew Khushi was wrong to quit that day, but he strongly believed she wouldn't join back. That's why he cancelled the party plan. But what was she doing here today? His question was answered in the next few minutes.
"Good morning ASR", Khushi said politely, in order to make the environment around her calm.
"What are you doing here Khushi? I thought you completely made it clear that you didn't want to work for me", Arnav said firmly.
"Look Arnav, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have behaved that way. I'm not saying the way I dealt with my sister was wrong. But this is an office. So bringing personal matters in to the office was not right. Therefore I'm really sorry", Khushi said apologetically.
"Wow, I never expected Miss Gupta to accept her fault so quickly. Because there is no need. You are not working here anymore. Anyway, apology accepted", Arnav said sarcastically. But he was happy from inside, as he won.
"Arnav, I was clearly unprofessional for quitting like that. But I'm ready to resume my work. If you haven't found a replacement, I'm ready to continue the event planning", Khushi said in the hope of planning the event.
"Khushi, as far as I'd love to see you continuing the planning, there is not enough time. So don't worry, I have cancelled the party and thought of taking the clients for a dinner", Arnav said.
"Arnav look, I know you have known me only for a few days. But I promise you that I won't let you down. Just give me this chance. I will give you the best output I can give", Khushi said confidently, as she was feeling guilty for quitting due to a misunderstanding.
"Fine. But I hope you won't quit again", said Arnav, with a little smile.
"I promise you Arnav, I won't", said Khushi, and she happily left the cabin.
Khushi was feeling a bit relieved as Arnav forgave her. Although last night she planned to not join the job again, her heart didn't agree with her mind. There was another competition between what the mind and heart wanted. Her mind said that she did the right thing by quitting, as she was blamed by him for no reason. But her heart said that she was being unprofessional, as she quit because he didn't take her side. But she realized that Arnav was being professional. If she was in his place, she would have done the same thing as a boss. So her heart said to apologize and join back. Again clearly the heart won the competition, and here she was continuing with her event planning. Although she didn't say it aloud, she enjoyed planning this event a lot. And somewhere down in her heart, she was impressed that Arnav stood up for her and she was really grateful for that as well.
Arnav was near the window of his cabin, answering his phone. His eyes fell on Khushi, who was really busy with Aman. The call with the client ended, and he remembered the way Khushi called him his name for the first time today. There was something about the way she said his name. He felt a smile curling on his face. Khushi was looking really pretty today. She had left her hair open. She looked cute and pretty at the same time. He was again surprised as he was admiring a girl after four years. His mind said to stop, but his heart said, "you deserve a second chance". And this time he listened to his heart. So he kept on admiring her. Although she was slim, it didn't lessen her beauty. She was fair in complexion. Her attire looked professional, but at the same time it added an unknown elegance to her appearance. She was wearing a cream coloured blouse (http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4646214810403892&pid=15.1) and black trousers. He was really feeling glad that she had apologized and thought of joining the company again. Yes, it may be only for a few days, but he was happy.
It was about 8pm, and Khushi had finished most of her work. All the other employees had left the office by now and she heard that ASR had left for a meeting as well. So she took her hand bag and was walking along the corridor, when she saw that Payal's cabin door was open. She thought that Payal must have forgotten to close the door. Therefore Khushi thought of doing a help for her friend. She went near the cabin door and was about to close the door when her gaze stopped on what was in front of her. It was a half completed sketch. It seemed to be unique, and she couldn't take her eyes off it. Only she knew how much she loved designing. Slowly she took some steps towards the sketch. She seated herself in front of it and her back was facing the door. The design looked amazing. It was simple, yet elegant. Since it was half completed, she felt a strong urge to complete it. She thought that it would be unfair by Payal, but she really couldn't keep her hands off it. She made up her mind to leave, but she never knew when she took hold of the paint brush and started to complete the sketch.
Will Khushi complete the sketch? Will Arnav find out how talented Khushi is? Will Khushi's unwanted desire of being loved, become wanted? Clients Party coming up next.
No comments:
Post a Comment