Arnav was now standing in front of Khushi and there was only a small gap between them. Khushi was relieved to see anger in his eyes being replaced by pain .
"You really want to know what happened. Fine, then listen", Arnav said in a harsh tone.
"I was in my 3rd year in the university at that time. As you know, I didn't have many friends. It was not that I hated to interact with them, I just didn't feel the need to. But if someone came and asked for help, I would help that person somehow. I really loved to be alone. Also I was popular in the campus as the most hot-tempered guy. Not only that, I was famous as an all-rounder as well. I was good at studies, basketball, tennis, playing drums, organizing events, swimming, etc. So all the lecturers loved me. Not only the lecturers, all the girls were crazy over me. But I knew all of them loved me for my looks, my money and status. Guys were different. They hated my guts and they were jealous of me because their girls were drooling over me 24x7. But I had one close friend. That was Rahul. We knew each other since I started university. He was the Dean's son. Although his father was the Dean, he was a down-to-earth kid. He was quite different than me. Actually he was quite similar to you. But we became good friends and we were inseparable. He was not as bright as me, but he was never jealous of me. Time went by, and one day a new girl arrived at our uni. She was modern, but she behaved well unlike other spoiled rich girls. Frankly speaking she was just like me. She also loved to be alone. She didn't have many friends, because girls were jealous of her. We both were in the class, but never did we talk a word with each other. One day I was walking to the library, when I heard a loud cry from nearby. Then I realized the cry came from the stairs. I ran towards the stairs and so the new girl had fallen. She seemed to be in excruciating pain. I went to her and checked her ankle. It was clearly twisted. So I helped her to fix it. She thanked me and introduced herself as Sheetal. Then I introduced myself as well. We shaked hands with each other and that's when I felt an unknown feeling within myself with that touch. I didn't know what it was, but it felt different. We said good bye and left, but never did we think that our introduction would lead us to something wonderful". Arnav kept on telling his story.
"Few weeks went by, and we started to talk with each other. I felt myself to be comfortable around her. We enjoyed each others companionship. We became good friends. We started to sit together in our class, we had lunch together, went to the library together, etc. Even Rahul said that we were the perfect couple. Then he began to tease with me saying about her. As we got closer I got to know that she was a famous businessman's daughter. Her father's business was in UK, but her parents had divorced recently. So her mom and herself returned to India. That's why she joined our uni. After knowing about her family background, I felt myself being slowly attracted towards Sheetal. I didn't want to, but it just happened. Later on I figured out, we were perfect for each other".
"After opening up about our feelings, Sheetal and I decided to see each other as a couple. We were the IT couple in the uni. Everybody wanted to be like us. Because we didn't have any trouble. Our families realized that they were of same status. Although Sheetal was modern, she respected the elders and our customs. She was basically the perfect Bahu any family would wish for. We were a couple for one and half years. By that time, we were deeply in love with each other. I never thought falling in love would be so wonderful. It was like a fairy tale. We couldn't wait without seeing or talking to each other, at least for one day. Then we were about to take our next step in our life. My family and Sheetal's mom wanted us to get engaged. We were over the moon. I wondered how I became so lucky. So the arrangements were made and it was the day of our engagement. Both the families were present, except for my best buddy, Rahul. I tried to call him, but I couldn't reach him. So I had to move on with the rituals, as I didn't have a choice. But just as we were about to exchange rings, Rahul arrived", Arnav said with a firm tone.
"It was then I realized that my perfect love life was not as perfect as I thought was. It was all a lie. Sheetal was just a liar. She was just like the other girls, except the others showed it from outside. Sheetal was all pretending to be the nice girl. Rahul had brought another guy with him. His name was Shyam. Rahul explained Sheetal's plan. Sheetal was in love with Shyam. But Shyam was not from a wealthy family. He was a poor guy. Although Sheetal was from a rich family, her father's money was not enough for them to get married and lead a new life, as her mom and dad were now divorced. Sheetal's mother didn't have enough money as well. So Sheetal knew if she carried out her studies well and got a job, Shyam and herself would be able to lead a better life. But after the encounter with me, she had found out about everything about my life. Who I was?, Where I lived?, What I do?, everything. Then she saw an easy way out from her problems. So together with her mom and Shyam she laid the perfect plan. She somehow managed to win my heart and made me fall in love with her. And if everything happened according to her plan, she would have married me and later on filed a divorce. But thanks to my friend, her plan failed", Arnav said clenching his fists. Khushi could feel how much pain and anger he was feeling right now. She couldn't watch it any longer, so she came near him and placed her hand on his hand in a soothing manner.
"I couldn't believe myself. I didn't know how I did the mistake of falling in love. After that I never met her. I found out that she had left town. I'm really grateful for Rahul, because he saved me when I was about to drown. My Di was always there to help me survive the aftermath. If it wasn't for her I would not be standing here with you today", Arnav said in a weak tone. Khushi could feel that Arnav was a broken man from inside. She saw Arnav's eyes welling up.
"Khushi, everybody in this world see the arrogant, ruthless, egoistic, hard-built Arnvav Singh Raizada, but from inside I'm just a broken man. My soul is weak and if you actually look in to it, you will see that I'm a more weak person than you are. You know, after what happened in my life, every time when I see a couple I hope that they won't have to experience what I did. Because it hurts Khushi, it hurts a lot. No one will be able to understand that pain, except for the person who suffers from it. I don't hate Sheetal, but I don't feel anything for her as well. Yes, she was my first love and may be my last. But as of for now, love is just an unwanted desire for me", Arnav ended his story, and he felt tears descending down his face. The only woman who had seen him broken till now was his sister, but today there was another woman in his life willing to witness it.
Khushi couldn't bear it any longer, so without thinking any further she embraced Arnav in a warm hug. She didn't know why, but she hoped that by this hug she would be able to share some of the pain he was going through. Arnav was surprised by Khushi's sudden gesture. He tried to resist, but it was useless and therefore he gave in. He hugged her back and he felt as if all his pains were taken away. He didn't know who this girl was, whether she was a guardian from the God or an angel from heaven. But one thing he knew, that she was the other half of his incomplete soul.
The sudden ring of Khushi's phone, made Arnav and Khushi step out of their hug. They didn't realize how long they have been consoling each other, until Khushi's Chachi shouted at her through the phone.
As soon as Khushi received the call from her Chachi, Arnav had decided to drop Khushi as soon as possible, as he knew that she was in trouble. It was nearly 10.30pm. Both of them were starving, but Khushi thought it was best for her to go home as soon as possible. They wished each other good night and Khushi entered her house.
Khushi saw her Chachu and Chachi was about to explode. She knew she was not supposed to come late, but she was out with her fiance, not with any other guy, unlike Lav. Also she told Rama that she would be late.
"Where were you?", Chachi asked in an angry tone.
"Arnav wanted to meet me, so I had to go. But I told Rama that I would be late", Khushi said politely.
"We don't mind you going out, but next time come home at least by 8pm. We don't care what you do, because it's your personal life, but you have to think about our reputation as well", said Rajiv roughly.
"Well, since you both seems to be not bothered about my safety, but about your reputation, where is Lav? Is she home yet? Oh wait, she is in a b'day party in a club, right? Sorry, if I'm being rude, but I don't think I'm the one who is ruining your reputation, it's your own daughter", finally letting out what she felt, Khushi went to her bedroom, saying a soft sorry to her aunt and uncle.
Khushi was in her bedroom, after changing into her night dress. She was thinking about the day's events. The way she enjoyed the conversation with Arnav, how Rahul blamed her for nothing, the joyful moments of shopping, the way Arnav stood up for her, how Arnav opened up to her and most importantly their first hug. Khushi felt a small smile appearing in her face as she remembered the warm embrace. It felt good. And by now she realized that she loved every single moment she spent with her husband-to-be.
Arnav was about to rest as he had a long day. He felt different today. He knew why and he realized it was because of Khushi. All this time only his sister was ready to hear his bitter truth, but today there was this amazing life partner who was ready to share his every sorrow with him. He knew that he won't be able to love her, but he made a promise to himself that he would never let tears come in her eyes intentionally. Because for him, she was an angel sent from heaven by his mom.
"I was in my 3rd year in the university at that time. As you know, I didn't have many friends. It was not that I hated to interact with them, I just didn't feel the need to. But if someone came and asked for help, I would help that person somehow. I really loved to be alone. Also I was popular in the campus as the most hot-tempered guy. Not only that, I was famous as an all-rounder as well. I was good at studies, basketball, tennis, playing drums, organizing events, swimming, etc. So all the lecturers loved me. Not only the lecturers, all the girls were crazy over me. But I knew all of them loved me for my looks, my money and status. Guys were different. They hated my guts and they were jealous of me because their girls were drooling over me 24x7. But I had one close friend. That was Rahul. We knew each other since I started university. He was the Dean's son. Although his father was the Dean, he was a down-to-earth kid. He was quite different than me. Actually he was quite similar to you. But we became good friends and we were inseparable. He was not as bright as me, but he was never jealous of me. Time went by, and one day a new girl arrived at our uni. She was modern, but she behaved well unlike other spoiled rich girls. Frankly speaking she was just like me. She also loved to be alone. She didn't have many friends, because girls were jealous of her. We both were in the class, but never did we talk a word with each other. One day I was walking to the library, when I heard a loud cry from nearby. Then I realized the cry came from the stairs. I ran towards the stairs and so the new girl had fallen. She seemed to be in excruciating pain. I went to her and checked her ankle. It was clearly twisted. So I helped her to fix it. She thanked me and introduced herself as Sheetal. Then I introduced myself as well. We shaked hands with each other and that's when I felt an unknown feeling within myself with that touch. I didn't know what it was, but it felt different. We said good bye and left, but never did we think that our introduction would lead us to something wonderful". Arnav kept on telling his story.
"Few weeks went by, and we started to talk with each other. I felt myself to be comfortable around her. We enjoyed each others companionship. We became good friends. We started to sit together in our class, we had lunch together, went to the library together, etc. Even Rahul said that we were the perfect couple. Then he began to tease with me saying about her. As we got closer I got to know that she was a famous businessman's daughter. Her father's business was in UK, but her parents had divorced recently. So her mom and herself returned to India. That's why she joined our uni. After knowing about her family background, I felt myself being slowly attracted towards Sheetal. I didn't want to, but it just happened. Later on I figured out, we were perfect for each other".
"After opening up about our feelings, Sheetal and I decided to see each other as a couple. We were the IT couple in the uni. Everybody wanted to be like us. Because we didn't have any trouble. Our families realized that they were of same status. Although Sheetal was modern, she respected the elders and our customs. She was basically the perfect Bahu any family would wish for. We were a couple for one and half years. By that time, we were deeply in love with each other. I never thought falling in love would be so wonderful. It was like a fairy tale. We couldn't wait without seeing or talking to each other, at least for one day. Then we were about to take our next step in our life. My family and Sheetal's mom wanted us to get engaged. We were over the moon. I wondered how I became so lucky. So the arrangements were made and it was the day of our engagement. Both the families were present, except for my best buddy, Rahul. I tried to call him, but I couldn't reach him. So I had to move on with the rituals, as I didn't have a choice. But just as we were about to exchange rings, Rahul arrived", Arnav said with a firm tone.
"It was then I realized that my perfect love life was not as perfect as I thought was. It was all a lie. Sheetal was just a liar. She was just like the other girls, except the others showed it from outside. Sheetal was all pretending to be the nice girl. Rahul had brought another guy with him. His name was Shyam. Rahul explained Sheetal's plan. Sheetal was in love with Shyam. But Shyam was not from a wealthy family. He was a poor guy. Although Sheetal was from a rich family, her father's money was not enough for them to get married and lead a new life, as her mom and dad were now divorced. Sheetal's mother didn't have enough money as well. So Sheetal knew if she carried out her studies well and got a job, Shyam and herself would be able to lead a better life. But after the encounter with me, she had found out about everything about my life. Who I was?, Where I lived?, What I do?, everything. Then she saw an easy way out from her problems. So together with her mom and Shyam she laid the perfect plan. She somehow managed to win my heart and made me fall in love with her. And if everything happened according to her plan, she would have married me and later on filed a divorce. But thanks to my friend, her plan failed", Arnav said clenching his fists. Khushi could feel how much pain and anger he was feeling right now. She couldn't watch it any longer, so she came near him and placed her hand on his hand in a soothing manner.
"I couldn't believe myself. I didn't know how I did the mistake of falling in love. After that I never met her. I found out that she had left town. I'm really grateful for Rahul, because he saved me when I was about to drown. My Di was always there to help me survive the aftermath. If it wasn't for her I would not be standing here with you today", Arnav said in a weak tone. Khushi could feel that Arnav was a broken man from inside. She saw Arnav's eyes welling up.
"Khushi, everybody in this world see the arrogant, ruthless, egoistic, hard-built Arnvav Singh Raizada, but from inside I'm just a broken man. My soul is weak and if you actually look in to it, you will see that I'm a more weak person than you are. You know, after what happened in my life, every time when I see a couple I hope that they won't have to experience what I did. Because it hurts Khushi, it hurts a lot. No one will be able to understand that pain, except for the person who suffers from it. I don't hate Sheetal, but I don't feel anything for her as well. Yes, she was my first love and may be my last. But as of for now, love is just an unwanted desire for me", Arnav ended his story, and he felt tears descending down his face. The only woman who had seen him broken till now was his sister, but today there was another woman in his life willing to witness it.
Khushi couldn't bear it any longer, so without thinking any further she embraced Arnav in a warm hug. She didn't know why, but she hoped that by this hug she would be able to share some of the pain he was going through. Arnav was surprised by Khushi's sudden gesture. He tried to resist, but it was useless and therefore he gave in. He hugged her back and he felt as if all his pains were taken away. He didn't know who this girl was, whether she was a guardian from the God or an angel from heaven. But one thing he knew, that she was the other half of his incomplete soul.
The sudden ring of Khushi's phone, made Arnav and Khushi step out of their hug. They didn't realize how long they have been consoling each other, until Khushi's Chachi shouted at her through the phone.
As soon as Khushi received the call from her Chachi, Arnav had decided to drop Khushi as soon as possible, as he knew that she was in trouble. It was nearly 10.30pm. Both of them were starving, but Khushi thought it was best for her to go home as soon as possible. They wished each other good night and Khushi entered her house.
Khushi saw her Chachu and Chachi was about to explode. She knew she was not supposed to come late, but she was out with her fiance, not with any other guy, unlike Lav. Also she told Rama that she would be late.
"Where were you?", Chachi asked in an angry tone.
"Arnav wanted to meet me, so I had to go. But I told Rama that I would be late", Khushi said politely.
"We don't mind you going out, but next time come home at least by 8pm. We don't care what you do, because it's your personal life, but you have to think about our reputation as well", said Rajiv roughly.
"Well, since you both seems to be not bothered about my safety, but about your reputation, where is Lav? Is she home yet? Oh wait, she is in a b'day party in a club, right? Sorry, if I'm being rude, but I don't think I'm the one who is ruining your reputation, it's your own daughter", finally letting out what she felt, Khushi went to her bedroom, saying a soft sorry to her aunt and uncle.
Khushi was in her bedroom, after changing into her night dress. She was thinking about the day's events. The way she enjoyed the conversation with Arnav, how Rahul blamed her for nothing, the joyful moments of shopping, the way Arnav stood up for her, how Arnav opened up to her and most importantly their first hug. Khushi felt a small smile appearing in her face as she remembered the warm embrace. It felt good. And by now she realized that she loved every single moment she spent with her husband-to-be.
Arnav was about to rest as he had a long day. He felt different today. He knew why and he realized it was because of Khushi. All this time only his sister was ready to hear his bitter truth, but today there was this amazing life partner who was ready to share his every sorrow with him. He knew that he won't be able to love her, but he made a promise to himself that he would never let tears come in her eyes intentionally. Because for him, she was an angel sent from heaven by his mom.
Arnav and Khushi's engagement coming up. Will Rahul attend the occasion? If so, will he apologize to Khushi? What would be Arnav's first gift to Khushi?
No comments:
Post a Comment