Chapter 7 - Their Fight
"ASR I...", Khushi tried to reason out, but her efforts were useless.
"Do not speak one more word", ASR shouted out in anger. "This is my office. People come here to work, not to watch cat fights. I thought you both were professionals. Seems like I was clearly mistaken. Aren't you both ashamed of yourselves?", Arnav continued in anger.
"Sorry ASR it was Khushi's fault", Lavanya said deceiving Khushi once again.
"I don't care who was at fault. I pay people for the work they perform, not for performing public stunts. Since you two have problems to solve, why don't you both go home and clear the air. Khushi, you should go home now and this is an order", Arnav said firmly.
"But ASR, I didn't do anything", Khushi said, trying to prove her innocence.
"Didn't you hear what I said. I don't care who was wrong. And my decision is final. Go home and solve your problems", Arnav said as his anger was rising again.
"But how am I going to finish the work?", Khushi asked, as she knew that time wouldn't be enough for her to organize the party.
"You should have thought about it before you misbehaved. So this is your punishment", said Arnav, to make Khushi understand of her fault.
But now Khushi was irritated. She was boiling from inside. So words suddenly spatted out from her, "You know what?? I quit. After all I was doing a favour, right? So I'm sure you'll be able to find someone better than me, since your the Great ASR".
Arnav was shocked at Khushi's reactios, and so was Lavanya. Lavanya never thought Khushi had so much guts, specially to stand against a person like ASR.
Saying this, Khushi left the office in anger. After few minutes, Lavanya left the premises as well.
After the incident, both Lavanya and Khushi didn't come out of their rooms. Their dinners were sent to their rooms. Khushi was really hurt from Lavanya's accusations. If it weren't for her Chachu and Chachi, she would have left the house by now. But she respected them a lot, although they didn't love her. She didn't want to take a harsh decision in anger as well. So she stayed in the room, without coming out. Her anger doubled, tripled when she remembered how ASR had blamed her. Who was he to blame her for something she didn't do? She was the only person who knew, what she felt when she heard Lavanya's bitter words. Even without knowing the truth, he accused her. She felt relieved as she gave up the job. Because she didn't want to work with a Boss, who didn't consider the facts, before blaming someone.
The ringing tone of the phone, brought Khushi out of the mixed thoughts.
"Hello", Khushi answered, as it was from an unknown number.
"Hey beauty, how are you?", answered the caller.
"Who is this?", Khushi asked, as she couldn't identify the voice.
"You forgot me so quickly, Sexy????? It's Rahul, ASR's friend", Rahul answered in a flirty tone.
"Oh yeah, sorry. I couldn't recognize you", Khushi said.
"Look I called to invite you for my b'day party", said Rahul in a joyful tone.
"Why do you want to invite me? We only met once. Do you invite strangers for a b'day party?", Khushi asked in a sarcastic tone.
"No, no. You are our event planner, so I thought of inviting you as well", Rahul said,calmly.
"Well, I quit today. So I don't think you need to invite me", Khushi said in an angry tone.
"Come on Khushi!!!!!!!!! It's my b'day. Can't you come for my b'day party, considering me as a friend at least??", Rahul said in a pleading manner. Rahul didn't know why, but he liked Khushi a lot for some unknown reason.
"When did we become friends?", Khushi questioned.
"Oh come on, that day I thought you enjoyed chatting with me. So I thought now we are friends", Rahul said, hoping that Khushi would agree to come.
"Fine, I will come", Khushi said, as she didn't want to be rude.
"Great. Hope to see both Lav and you tomorrow night. Bye. Good night", saying all this in one breath, he hung up.
"Lav", she said to herself. "Great, seriously god?????? Why do I have to deal with her all the time?", she felt like she would blast off. But she knew that she had to control herself and put up an act in front of everyone tomorrow.
It was 7pm and most of the guests had arrived by now. Arnav was chatting with Rahul. He knew Khushi was invited. He suddenly remembered what happened in the office on the previous day. He had heard the whole conversation between Lavanya and Khushi, and he knew how harsh Lavanya was. But it was his office and he was their Boss. He didn't want to act all unprofessional, that was the reason for his behaviour that day. But he never thought that Khushi would quit. When he heard her saying the words, he was shocked. As Khushi declined the job, he had decided to cancel the party, and take his clients for a dinner in a five star hotel.
A sudden gossip among the crowd, made him wonder what was it about. He turned around and saw the two girls who entered the party now.
"Lav and Khushi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", Rahul said in a cheerful tone. He went towards them and gave Lav a hug. Both Khushi and Lavanya gave their wishes to Rahul and he directed them towards the crowd.
Arnav's eyes were on the two girls. Lavanya was looking stunning today. She was wearing a reddish-brown evening dress. Her hair was left open. But his eyes stopped at Khushi, who looked gorgeous today. She was wearing a purple halter party dress (http://www.sungboutiquela.com/images/1834_purple_swl.jpg), with matching jewellery. Her hair was left open, and she looked like an angel from heaven. Arnav couldn't imagine that he was praising her beauty, when what he was supposed to do was ignore her for how she acted the previous day. He was about to turn around and leave, but his eyes suddenly met her eyes, which unknowingly resulted in an eye lock.
Will Arnav and Khushi get closer at the party? Will there be another fight between Lavanya and Khushi? Does Rahul have feelings towards Khushi? Wait for my next update.
No comments:
Post a Comment