It's been a week since Khushi got to know the truth about Arnav's past. And today was their engagement day. For the past week Arnav has been busy with office work and Khushi's been busy with engagement preparations. They barely got time to talk to each other. For Khushi's amazement, Lavanya had not tried to hurt her feelings during this week. So finally the Gupta house was decorated in a glamorous manner. As usual Gupta's wanted to impress the whole world, as their only daughter was going to marry the elder son of Raizada house. So decorations were a little too much as usual, but it was perfect.
By now, all the guests had arrived and the Raizada's were present, except for Arnav. Akash was eager to see her fiancee and so was Arush to see her new mom-to-be all dressed up. Suddenly everybody looked at the stairs and saw Lavanya descending the stairs. She looked classy and elegant at the same time. Her hot pink lehenga (http://worlduks.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Neha-Dalvi-Bridal-pink-saree-trends-2012.jpg) clearly seemed to be intensifying her beauty. Her hair was done in a messy bun and the curls grazed her swan like neck.
Finally after she arrived near Akash, Arush came running towards her step mom-to-be.
"Wow Mumma-to-be, you look really beautiful today", Arush said in a soft, cute tone.
Lavanya bent to Arush and placed a kiss on his cheeks and said, "Thanks my step son-to-be".
They both smiled at each other. Akash was glad to see his son finally ready to accept Lavanya as his new mom. Although Akash had invited Chaya's parents for his engagement, they had still not been able to get over their daughter's loss. So they had declined the invitation.
Anjali was worried as her Chotte had not arrived yet. She tried calling Arnav's phone, but it went straight to voice-mail. She knew that Arnav was ready for marriage, but she still had a small doubt whether he would show up or not.
Everybody was praising Lavanya's beauty, when their whispers were stopped by seeing the other beauty who was now cascading the stairs. It was Khushi, and she was accompanied by Payal. Khushi was already feeling nervous, so she felt herself shivering a bit. All the guests eyes were on the adopted daughter of Gupta's. Unlike Lavanya, she had her own natural beauty. Lavanya was fuming as she could sense that everybody were now dumbstruck by Khushi's beauty. But she tried to calm herself by thinking, it was only a matter of time before she would become Khushi's elder sister-in-law.
Khushi's eyes searched for Arnav, but she realized that he hadn't arrived yet. She felt a little depressed and this was noticed by Anjali, as she could see Khushi's distressed eyes. Anjali tried to call Arnav again, but it was of no use. The auspicious time was getting closer, and still Arnav was not to be seen. Everybody were now getting anxious to know, as to why Arnav Singh Raizada, the person who was always punctual, was late on his own engagement day. People started to gossip saying, that he might be having second thoughts, etc. Khushi was now feeling down, as she felt maybe the guests were right. But somewhere in her heart she knew, the man she had got to know in the past few days would not abandon her like this. So she tried to make her head strong, and hoped her Devi Maiyya would give her helping hand today. Just as if her prayers were heard, she heard the voice she was longing to hear all this time. It was Arnav.
"Sorry Di, I saw your calls, but I didn't want to be late by answering your calls. It was a business emergency", Arnav said jovially, as he knew his sister wouldn't spare him for being late today.
"Really Chotte, stop giving excuses for not answering my calls. Apologize to Khushi. You have made her go through hell just few moments before", Anjali said, in a strict tone.
"Nahi Di, it's okay. I know how much work is important for him. What's important is that he came at the right time. After all the Great ASR is never late, right?", Khushi said in a teasing manner, hoping that it would clear the tension around. All the guests laughed.
"Arre wah!!!!!!!! Arnav your fiancee is such a forgiving person, but not me. Apologize to her", Anjali said to Arnav, while pinching Arnav's ear.
"Ouch Di!!!!!!!! You know, you really should cut your witch like nails. But if saying sorry to Khushi helps you to get out of your anger, here you go. I'm really sorry Khushi", Arnav said with a smirk.
Lavanya had enough of all the crap. She was supposed to get the spotlight, not Khushi. So she thought of deviating the guests attention from all the crap being shown by Anjali.
"Everyone, I think the auspicious time is really close", Lavanya said.
"Oh yes. Come on let's go", Anjali said.
Both couples were ready for the ritual of exchanging rings. Akash's and Lavanya's rings were with Manorama and Mona. Arnav and Khushi's rings were with Anjali and Payal. Lavanya was restless as she wanted to become a Raizada bahu as fast as possible. As for Khushi, she was nervous and she could feel goosebumps on her skin. Arnav had clearly noticed Khushi's nervousness, so he held her hand and squeezed it hoping to calm her nerves. He realized that his effort was successful, as an amazing smile appeared on Khushi's face. As there were few minutes left for the ritual, everybody were excited. Arnav's eyes surveyed every nook and corner in the house and he realized that his best buddy was not present.
"Di didn't Rahul come?", Arnav asked a little sadly.
"Oh yes, where is he? I thought he might have told you why he was not coming today. May be he had some important personal thing to attend to", Anjali said as she was clueless of what happened between Arnav and Rahul.
It was time and it was the moment everyone was waiting for. The exchanging of rings. First the ladies made their fiances wear the ring. Khushi smoothly slipped a golden ring (http://www.olive-reg.com/images/2011/12/GR-CD-C5MM-Y-1-fairtrade-gold-ring.jpg) in Arnav's right hand ring finger. Everybody clapped and it was now Arnav's turn to adorn Khushi's left hand ring finger with a ring. He took the ring handed over by Anjali and gently slipped it in Khushi's finger. The ring (http://saveonlinestore.com/save-online-shopping-store-engagement-ring-14k-Heart-engagement.jpg) was simple but adorable. It had two hearts which clearly signified the binding of two hearts on this special day. At the end of the ritual, everybody clapped and extended their heartfelt wishes to both couples.
"Arnav", Arnav turned as he heard the familiar voice. It was Rahul.
"Hey Rahul, I thought you wouldn't come", Arnav said a little worried. There was no one around, except for Arnav, Khushi and Rahul. Khushi was surprised to see Rahul here today, but she was truly glad.
"Didn't I say that I would be there with you in every occasion. After all I have to get some experience about these stuff, right? I will also have to get married one day you know?", Rahul said with a wink.
"Well, well, look who is talking", Arnav said in a teasing tone.
"Look Arnav, I'm sorry for the way I talked to Khushi that day. I didn't mean to be rude. You know me nah? I always talk without thinking, unlike you. I'm really sorry dude. Hope you can forgive me", Rahul said in an apologetic tone. Arnav felt that Rahul was really regretting the way he behaved with Khushi. So he thought of forgiving him.
"Fine, on one condition. You should accept Khushi as your Babhi and I need you to apologize to her", Arnav said seriously.
"Okay, no problem", Rahul said calmly. He shifted his eyes towards Khushi and said, "I'm really sorry Khushi, I really didn't mean to hurt you. It was just that I was hurt by the truth. Normally girls are ready to die for both Arnav and me. But when you said no to me that day, I felt like a rejected good. I was truly hurt. Then when I got to know after some days that you were ready to marry Arnav, I thought you lied to me. I thought that you had a real crush towards Arnav or something like that. But that day when Arnav said that you were doing this marriage for both of your families happiness, I really felt glad that my friend had got the life partner he deserved. You know what, I felt as if you both are made for each other, because you both are ready to sacrifice your lives for you families happiness. So I'm really sorry for everything I have done to hurt you Khushi. Hope you can forgive me".
"Wow Rahul, you think I would forgive you so easily?", Khushi asked in a harsh tone.
Both Rahul and Arnav were surprised at Khushi's reaction. Seeing the two friends expressions, Khushi started to chuckle.
"Haha... you both should see your faces from a mirror right now. Come on, there's nothing to forgive Rahul. I really didn't mean to hurt you that day. I just said what I needed to say hoping that you wouldn't misunderstand the situation. Anyway, what happened has happened. Since you and Arnav are already best buddies, I'm sure that we both can be best buddies as well, right?", Khushi said, extending her hand in hope of a handshake.
"Of course, why not? After all I'm sure I will find a more better friend in you, than in Arnav", Rahul said while shaking Khushi's hand.
"Since she is you best friend now, I guess our partnership is not required anymore???', Arnav said with a smirk.
"Oh buddy!!!!!!!!!! You were, you are and you will be my best friend, until I find my better half", Rahul said while cracking a joke and embracing Arnav in a tight hug. Three of them burst out laughing.
"Congratulations to both of you", Rahul said, sincerely hoping that these two amazing people will be able to be happy in their entire lives.
Everybody were having a wonderful time. Khushi was busy helping Rama with serving the guests. Suddenly Mona called Khushi and asked her to bring the gifts that were supposed to be gifted to the Raizada's. Last night Khushi had done all the wrapping, so they were left in her room. So Khushi went upstairs to her room.
As Khushi was busy with serving, she hadn't realized that one important person was missing downstairs. It was Arnav. Khushi went in her room, took the gifts that were on her bed and turned around to leave. But she was surprised with shock when she saw Arnav in her room. Arnav locked the door from inside and took slow steps towards her.
Among the earlier chaos downstairs, Arnav had not been able to realize how alluring his fiancee was today. She looked breathtaking. Although she had chosen an off-white lehenga, it made her look graceful. She looked like a real angle today. Her attire (http://celebstreetfashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/aishwarya-rai-in-sexy-lehenga-by-manish-malhotra.jpg) was simple, yet ravishing. Lower part of her hair was left in curls and this gave her an innocent and childish look. The use of the eye-liner, gave her eyes a prominent look today. Her inner thoughts were clearly visible through her eyes. Her ears and her creamy white neck was adorned by a charming gold diamond necklace and a pair of matching earrings (http://www.jewelry4us.com/IndianGoldJewellery/image/cache/data/DJN010-1025x768.jpg). Her outlook was more beautified by the two pairs of diamond bangles (http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4586450361778499&pid=15.1) she had worn today. To say she looked beautiful would be an understatement, today she looked exquisite.
Khushi was now feeling a little awkward for many reasons. First her fiance was in her room, for her greatest surprise. Never in her life had a guy entered her room before. Secondly, Arnav had locked the door, and she did not expect this from him. Thirdly, he looked like a Greek god today. Yes, he was dressed in a three piece suit as usual, but there was something about him today that made her feel more attracted towards him. His molten brown eyes were clearly speaking on his behalf right now, and she realized that he was admiring her beauty silently. At the thought of him admiring her, she could feel her heart skip few beats and by now the pace of her heart was following a crescendo. She was lost in his eyes that were sparkling with desire, that she almost forgot that she was holding the gifts.
Thanks to Arnav, Khushi was saved by another bashing, which she would have had experienced from her Chachi if she dropped the gifts. He had now kept the gifts safely on the bed and was standing in front of Khushi, where there was a very small distance between them.
"Well, well, Khushi. I'm sure you don't want to hear an earful like last week, do you?", Arnav said in a sarcastic tone.
Khushi narrowed her eyes and said in anger, "Last week also I heard an earful becasue of you, today also it would have been because of you. What are you doing in a girl's room?",
"Wow, so much anger? And that too at your fiance. Nah, don't you think it's not nice? Anyway, this is not any girl's room, this is my fiancee's room. So I don't see anything wrong in that", Arnav said with his unique smirk.
"Look Arnav, if Chachi found out that you are here, what will she think? You should go now and I have to go downstairs as well", Khushi said with nervousness.
"So the problem is with Chachi, right? Not you? You don't want me to leave?", Arnav said teasingly.
"Arnav stop flirting. Just leave", Khushi said in a pleading tone.
"Anyway what are you doing here?", Khushi asked as she wanted to know what Arnav was doing in her room.
"I thought you would have been upset with me for being late today. So I wanted to apologize", Arnav said in an apologetic tone.
"Oh, you got the deserved punishment from Di, so I guess that's enough. Anyway you came today and that's all that matters", Khushi said with a smile.
"Really, aren't you least curious to know why I got late?", Arnav asked.
"No, why should I? I mean I know that business is like food for you. So you must have had an emergency meeting with a client, right? What's new about it?", Khushi said in a cool tone.
"Hmmm, yeah it was an emergency situation, but not with a client. Actually, it was really difficult than handling a client", Arnav said.
Khushi didn't understand what Arnav was saying, so she asked, "What are you trying to say Arnav?".
"I got late because I had to buy an engagement gift for you. Actually this would be my first gift for you, right? So I wanted it to be special. Since I'm not good at choosing gifts and also since I had no idea what you liked, I thought of buying something that would remind you of our first meeting", Arnav continued telling Khushi what he was up to.
When Khushi heard Arnav saying "First GIft", she felt her heart flipping thousand times with joy. She never imagined that Arnav could be so thoughtful. Arnav saw that Khushi's angelic smile had reached her eyes, and now her eyes were sparkling with delight.
Arnav took out a gift box and opened it. It was a diamond designer watch (http://www.umekobeautyfashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Designer-watches-for-women-with-diamond.jpg). Khushi couldn't believe what she was seeing. It was a real piece of artistry.
" Do you remember our first encounter, Khushi? Remember the way you got late? I will never forget that girl who was humble enough to accept that she did a mistake by being late and the way she apologized without any hesitation. That was why I was impressed by you at the first place. This watch is a symbol of that meeting. Every time you wear this and check the time, you will remember our first meeting", Arnav said in a grateful tone.
"Wow Arnav, this is amazing. How thoughtful of you? I really love your gift", Khushi thanked while wearing it on her hand.
Arnav was glad to see Khushi acting like a child who had got b'day gifts from her loved ones. But he got worried when he saw Khushi taking off the watch and was now giving it back to him.
Khushi looked at Arnav's questioning face and said, "I don't deserve to be the owner of this gift Arnav. I didn't at least remember to buy you a gift. What have I done to get a such wonderful gift at the first place? I don't want it Arnav, I can't take it".
Khushi's eyes were filled with guilt and Arnav was moved by Khushi's thoughts. How can a girl be so innocent? Why did God take away happiness from this wonderful girl? What wrong had she done to lose her parents at such a small age? No, I won't let this happen to her. She is my responsibility now, and I will make her happy in however possible way I can.
Arnav looked straight in to Khushi's eyes and said, "This is nothing compared to what you did for me and my family Khushi. I mean, all the girls I have known throughout my life wanted me for my looks, money or status. But you only wanted to see the happiness of my family, especially my Di. You sacrificed your life for my Di's happiness. And my Di's happiness is the biggest gift you can give to me. So you deserve this, Khushi".
Arnav slowly took Khushi's hand and made Khushi wear the watch. They were lost in each others eyes, trying to figure out how lucky they were to have each other. Khushi couldn't explain the emotions she was feeling today for Arnav. The only thing she thought was, how could someone be heartless to break the heart of such a wonderful person?
Finally after she arrived near Akash, Arush came running towards her step mom-to-be.
"Wow Mumma-to-be, you look really beautiful today", Arush said in a soft, cute tone.
Lavanya bent to Arush and placed a kiss on his cheeks and said, "Thanks my step son-to-be".
They both smiled at each other. Akash was glad to see his son finally ready to accept Lavanya as his new mom. Although Akash had invited Chaya's parents for his engagement, they had still not been able to get over their daughter's loss. So they had declined the invitation.
Anjali was worried as her Chotte had not arrived yet. She tried calling Arnav's phone, but it went straight to voice-mail. She knew that Arnav was ready for marriage, but she still had a small doubt whether he would show up or not.
Everybody was praising Lavanya's beauty, when their whispers were stopped by seeing the other beauty who was now cascading the stairs. It was Khushi, and she was accompanied by Payal. Khushi was already feeling nervous, so she felt herself shivering a bit. All the guests eyes were on the adopted daughter of Gupta's. Unlike Lavanya, she had her own natural beauty. Lavanya was fuming as she could sense that everybody were now dumbstruck by Khushi's beauty. But she tried to calm herself by thinking, it was only a matter of time before she would become Khushi's elder sister-in-law.
Khushi's eyes searched for Arnav, but she realized that he hadn't arrived yet. She felt a little depressed and this was noticed by Anjali, as she could see Khushi's distressed eyes. Anjali tried to call Arnav again, but it was of no use. The auspicious time was getting closer, and still Arnav was not to be seen. Everybody were now getting anxious to know, as to why Arnav Singh Raizada, the person who was always punctual, was late on his own engagement day. People started to gossip saying, that he might be having second thoughts, etc. Khushi was now feeling down, as she felt maybe the guests were right. But somewhere in her heart she knew, the man she had got to know in the past few days would not abandon her like this. So she tried to make her head strong, and hoped her Devi Maiyya would give her helping hand today. Just as if her prayers were heard, she heard the voice she was longing to hear all this time. It was Arnav.
"Sorry Di, I saw your calls, but I didn't want to be late by answering your calls. It was a business emergency", Arnav said jovially, as he knew his sister wouldn't spare him for being late today.
"Really Chotte, stop giving excuses for not answering my calls. Apologize to Khushi. You have made her go through hell just few moments before", Anjali said, in a strict tone.
"Nahi Di, it's okay. I know how much work is important for him. What's important is that he came at the right time. After all the Great ASR is never late, right?", Khushi said in a teasing manner, hoping that it would clear the tension around. All the guests laughed.
"Arre wah!!!!!!!! Arnav your fiancee is such a forgiving person, but not me. Apologize to her", Anjali said to Arnav, while pinching Arnav's ear.
"Ouch Di!!!!!!!! You know, you really should cut your witch like nails. But if saying sorry to Khushi helps you to get out of your anger, here you go. I'm really sorry Khushi", Arnav said with a smirk.
Lavanya had enough of all the crap. She was supposed to get the spotlight, not Khushi. So she thought of deviating the guests attention from all the crap being shown by Anjali.
"Everyone, I think the auspicious time is really close", Lavanya said.
"Oh yes. Come on let's go", Anjali said.
Both couples were ready for the ritual of exchanging rings. Akash's and Lavanya's rings were with Manorama and Mona. Arnav and Khushi's rings were with Anjali and Payal. Lavanya was restless as she wanted to become a Raizada bahu as fast as possible. As for Khushi, she was nervous and she could feel goosebumps on her skin. Arnav had clearly noticed Khushi's nervousness, so he held her hand and squeezed it hoping to calm her nerves. He realized that his effort was successful, as an amazing smile appeared on Khushi's face. As there were few minutes left for the ritual, everybody were excited. Arnav's eyes surveyed every nook and corner in the house and he realized that his best buddy was not present.
"Di didn't Rahul come?", Arnav asked a little sadly.
"Oh yes, where is he? I thought he might have told you why he was not coming today. May be he had some important personal thing to attend to", Anjali said as she was clueless of what happened between Arnav and Rahul.
It was time and it was the moment everyone was waiting for. The exchanging of rings. First the ladies made their fiances wear the ring. Khushi smoothly slipped a golden ring (http://www.olive-reg.com/images/2011/12/GR-CD-C5MM-Y-1-fairtrade-gold-ring.jpg) in Arnav's right hand ring finger. Everybody clapped and it was now Arnav's turn to adorn Khushi's left hand ring finger with a ring. He took the ring handed over by Anjali and gently slipped it in Khushi's finger. The ring (http://saveonlinestore.com/save-online-shopping-store-engagement-ring-14k-Heart-engagement.jpg) was simple but adorable. It had two hearts which clearly signified the binding of two hearts on this special day. At the end of the ritual, everybody clapped and extended their heartfelt wishes to both couples.
"Arnav", Arnav turned as he heard the familiar voice. It was Rahul.
"Hey Rahul, I thought you wouldn't come", Arnav said a little worried. There was no one around, except for Arnav, Khushi and Rahul. Khushi was surprised to see Rahul here today, but she was truly glad.
"Didn't I say that I would be there with you in every occasion. After all I have to get some experience about these stuff, right? I will also have to get married one day you know?", Rahul said with a wink.
"Well, well, look who is talking", Arnav said in a teasing tone.
"Look Arnav, I'm sorry for the way I talked to Khushi that day. I didn't mean to be rude. You know me nah? I always talk without thinking, unlike you. I'm really sorry dude. Hope you can forgive me", Rahul said in an apologetic tone. Arnav felt that Rahul was really regretting the way he behaved with Khushi. So he thought of forgiving him.
"Fine, on one condition. You should accept Khushi as your Babhi and I need you to apologize to her", Arnav said seriously.
"Okay, no problem", Rahul said calmly. He shifted his eyes towards Khushi and said, "I'm really sorry Khushi, I really didn't mean to hurt you. It was just that I was hurt by the truth. Normally girls are ready to die for both Arnav and me. But when you said no to me that day, I felt like a rejected good. I was truly hurt. Then when I got to know after some days that you were ready to marry Arnav, I thought you lied to me. I thought that you had a real crush towards Arnav or something like that. But that day when Arnav said that you were doing this marriage for both of your families happiness, I really felt glad that my friend had got the life partner he deserved. You know what, I felt as if you both are made for each other, because you both are ready to sacrifice your lives for you families happiness. So I'm really sorry for everything I have done to hurt you Khushi. Hope you can forgive me".
"Wow Rahul, you think I would forgive you so easily?", Khushi asked in a harsh tone.
Both Rahul and Arnav were surprised at Khushi's reaction. Seeing the two friends expressions, Khushi started to chuckle.
"Haha... you both should see your faces from a mirror right now. Come on, there's nothing to forgive Rahul. I really didn't mean to hurt you that day. I just said what I needed to say hoping that you wouldn't misunderstand the situation. Anyway, what happened has happened. Since you and Arnav are already best buddies, I'm sure that we both can be best buddies as well, right?", Khushi said, extending her hand in hope of a handshake.
"Of course, why not? After all I'm sure I will find a more better friend in you, than in Arnav", Rahul said while shaking Khushi's hand.
"Since she is you best friend now, I guess our partnership is not required anymore???', Arnav said with a smirk.
"Oh buddy!!!!!!!!!! You were, you are and you will be my best friend, until I find my better half", Rahul said while cracking a joke and embracing Arnav in a tight hug. Three of them burst out laughing.
"Congratulations to both of you", Rahul said, sincerely hoping that these two amazing people will be able to be happy in their entire lives.
Everybody were having a wonderful time. Khushi was busy helping Rama with serving the guests. Suddenly Mona called Khushi and asked her to bring the gifts that were supposed to be gifted to the Raizada's. Last night Khushi had done all the wrapping, so they were left in her room. So Khushi went upstairs to her room.
As Khushi was busy with serving, she hadn't realized that one important person was missing downstairs. It was Arnav. Khushi went in her room, took the gifts that were on her bed and turned around to leave. But she was surprised with shock when she saw Arnav in her room. Arnav locked the door from inside and took slow steps towards her.
Among the earlier chaos downstairs, Arnav had not been able to realize how alluring his fiancee was today. She looked breathtaking. Although she had chosen an off-white lehenga, it made her look graceful. She looked like a real angle today. Her attire (http://celebstreetfashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/aishwarya-rai-in-sexy-lehenga-by-manish-malhotra.jpg) was simple, yet ravishing. Lower part of her hair was left in curls and this gave her an innocent and childish look. The use of the eye-liner, gave her eyes a prominent look today. Her inner thoughts were clearly visible through her eyes. Her ears and her creamy white neck was adorned by a charming gold diamond necklace and a pair of matching earrings (http://www.jewelry4us.com/IndianGoldJewellery/image/cache/data/DJN010-1025x768.jpg). Her outlook was more beautified by the two pairs of diamond bangles (http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4586450361778499&pid=15.1) she had worn today. To say she looked beautiful would be an understatement, today she looked exquisite.
Khushi was now feeling a little awkward for many reasons. First her fiance was in her room, for her greatest surprise. Never in her life had a guy entered her room before. Secondly, Arnav had locked the door, and she did not expect this from him. Thirdly, he looked like a Greek god today. Yes, he was dressed in a three piece suit as usual, but there was something about him today that made her feel more attracted towards him. His molten brown eyes were clearly speaking on his behalf right now, and she realized that he was admiring her beauty silently. At the thought of him admiring her, she could feel her heart skip few beats and by now the pace of her heart was following a crescendo. She was lost in his eyes that were sparkling with desire, that she almost forgot that she was holding the gifts.
Thanks to Arnav, Khushi was saved by another bashing, which she would have had experienced from her Chachi if she dropped the gifts. He had now kept the gifts safely on the bed and was standing in front of Khushi, where there was a very small distance between them.
"Well, well, Khushi. I'm sure you don't want to hear an earful like last week, do you?", Arnav said in a sarcastic tone.
Khushi narrowed her eyes and said in anger, "Last week also I heard an earful becasue of you, today also it would have been because of you. What are you doing in a girl's room?",
"Wow, so much anger? And that too at your fiance. Nah, don't you think it's not nice? Anyway, this is not any girl's room, this is my fiancee's room. So I don't see anything wrong in that", Arnav said with his unique smirk.
"Look Arnav, if Chachi found out that you are here, what will she think? You should go now and I have to go downstairs as well", Khushi said with nervousness.
"So the problem is with Chachi, right? Not you? You don't want me to leave?", Arnav said teasingly.
"Arnav stop flirting. Just leave", Khushi said in a pleading tone.
"Anyway what are you doing here?", Khushi asked as she wanted to know what Arnav was doing in her room.
"I thought you would have been upset with me for being late today. So I wanted to apologize", Arnav said in an apologetic tone.
"Oh, you got the deserved punishment from Di, so I guess that's enough. Anyway you came today and that's all that matters", Khushi said with a smile.
"Really, aren't you least curious to know why I got late?", Arnav asked.
"No, why should I? I mean I know that business is like food for you. So you must have had an emergency meeting with a client, right? What's new about it?", Khushi said in a cool tone.
"Hmmm, yeah it was an emergency situation, but not with a client. Actually, it was really difficult than handling a client", Arnav said.
Khushi didn't understand what Arnav was saying, so she asked, "What are you trying to say Arnav?".
"I got late because I had to buy an engagement gift for you. Actually this would be my first gift for you, right? So I wanted it to be special. Since I'm not good at choosing gifts and also since I had no idea what you liked, I thought of buying something that would remind you of our first meeting", Arnav continued telling Khushi what he was up to.
When Khushi heard Arnav saying "First GIft", she felt her heart flipping thousand times with joy. She never imagined that Arnav could be so thoughtful. Arnav saw that Khushi's angelic smile had reached her eyes, and now her eyes were sparkling with delight.
Arnav took out a gift box and opened it. It was a diamond designer watch (http://www.umekobeautyfashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Designer-watches-for-women-with-diamond.jpg). Khushi couldn't believe what she was seeing. It was a real piece of artistry.
" Do you remember our first encounter, Khushi? Remember the way you got late? I will never forget that girl who was humble enough to accept that she did a mistake by being late and the way she apologized without any hesitation. That was why I was impressed by you at the first place. This watch is a symbol of that meeting. Every time you wear this and check the time, you will remember our first meeting", Arnav said in a grateful tone.
"Wow Arnav, this is amazing. How thoughtful of you? I really love your gift", Khushi thanked while wearing it on her hand.
Arnav was glad to see Khushi acting like a child who had got b'day gifts from her loved ones. But he got worried when he saw Khushi taking off the watch and was now giving it back to him.
Khushi looked at Arnav's questioning face and said, "I don't deserve to be the owner of this gift Arnav. I didn't at least remember to buy you a gift. What have I done to get a such wonderful gift at the first place? I don't want it Arnav, I can't take it".
Khushi's eyes were filled with guilt and Arnav was moved by Khushi's thoughts. How can a girl be so innocent? Why did God take away happiness from this wonderful girl? What wrong had she done to lose her parents at such a small age? No, I won't let this happen to her. She is my responsibility now, and I will make her happy in however possible way I can.
Arnav looked straight in to Khushi's eyes and said, "This is nothing compared to what you did for me and my family Khushi. I mean, all the girls I have known throughout my life wanted me for my looks, money or status. But you only wanted to see the happiness of my family, especially my Di. You sacrificed your life for my Di's happiness. And my Di's happiness is the biggest gift you can give to me. So you deserve this, Khushi".
Arnav slowly took Khushi's hand and made Khushi wear the watch. They were lost in each others eyes, trying to figure out how lucky they were to have each other. Khushi couldn't explain the emotions she was feeling today for Arnav. The only thing she thought was, how could someone be heartless to break the heart of such a wonderful person?
Khushi is about to get busy with Payal's wedding preparations. Will Arnav miss Khushi? Will they become more closer during these days?
No comments:
Post a Comment